Yu writes: > Hello! > > I was wondering, if there is a way to mark specific elements for > staying folded unless explicitly shown. Reading the manual I only > found possibilities to control the global folding of sections and > blocks in general. > > However, what I want to do is: > - Embed a table of numerical data in my org-mode file. > - Perform calculations on the data, using the spread sheet capabilities. > - Plot the data, preferably using a (probably lengthy) gnuplot script. > - Export only the result graph. > > However, the calculations are usually not wanted to be seen, when > looking at the file, so I'd like to specify, that this specific table > and this specific gnuplot code block are to be folded by default. > > Is there some way to achieve this? If you are not planning on exporting the data and code, you can put them into a subheading and "COMMENT" it out. I do this frequently. See the attached file for a simple example. The really nice thing, for me, is that you can have the results appearing *before* the data and code... This is not necessarily so long as you can put the results in some other heading, say.