emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* #RESULTS folding and clearing
@ 2012-03-17 18:37 Johnny
  2012-03-17 18:38 ` Johnny
                   ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-17 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:

1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
obvious!)
2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default? 
3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?

Thanks!

-- 
Johnny

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
  2012-03-17 18:37 #RESULTS folding and clearing Johnny
@ 2012-03-17 18:38 ` Johnny
  2012-03-17 19:11 ` Nick Dokos
  2012-03-17 20:40 ` Nick Dokos
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-17 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>
> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
> obvious!)
> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default? 
> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>
> Thanks!

Btw, I am using org version 7.8.03

-- 
Johnny

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
  2012-03-17 18:37 #RESULTS folding and clearing Johnny
  2012-03-17 18:38 ` Johnny
@ 2012-03-17 19:11 ` Nick Dokos
  2012-03-17 19:31   ` Johnny
  2012-03-17 20:40 ` Nick Dokos
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-17 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:


> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
> 

M-x org-babel-remove-result RET

I use it often enough that I've bound it to a key.

Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
  2012-03-17 19:11 ` Nick Dokos
@ 2012-03-17 19:31   ` Johnny
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-17 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>
>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>> 
>
> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET
>
> I use it often enough that I've bound it to a key.
>

Thanks, this is very useful!

-- 
Johnny

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
  2012-03-17 18:37 #RESULTS folding and clearing Johnny
  2012-03-17 18:38 ` Johnny
  2012-03-17 19:11 ` Nick Dokos
@ 2012-03-17 20:40 ` Nick Dokos
  2012-03-18 11:40   ` Johnny
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-17 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
> 
> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
> obvious!)

TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.

> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default? 

Not that I know of.

> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?

[answered previously - repeated for completeness]

M-x org-babel-remove-result RET

Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
  2012-03-17 20:40 ` Nick Dokos
@ 2012-03-18 11:40   ` Johnny
  2012-03-18 11:47     ` Johnny
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-18 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
>> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>> 
>> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
>> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
>> obvious!)
>
> TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.
>

This actually works in org-mode 7.7 on my netbook, but not in
org-mode-7.8.0.3 on my desktop.

>> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default? 
>
> Not that I know of.
>

I fond the org-babel-result-hide-all in org-mode 7.7 which may can be
used in a hook, but it doesn't exist in org-mode 7.8.0.3. It would be
nice to specify in the rource block header if results should be folded
by default or not.


>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>
> [answered previously - repeated for completeness]
>
> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET
>

Is this 7.8.0.3 behaviour expected and which org-mode are you using?

Cheers,

-- 
Johnny

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
  2012-03-18 11:40   ` Johnny
@ 2012-03-18 11:47     ` Johnny
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-18 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
>> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> 
>>> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
>>> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>>> 
>>> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
>>> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
>>> obvious!)
>>
>> TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.
>>
>
> This actually works in org-mode 7.7 on my netbook, but not in
> org-mode-7.8.0.3 on my desktop.
>
>>> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default? 
>>
>> Not that I know of.
>>
>
> I fond the org-babel-result-hide-all in org-mode 7.7 which may can be
> used in a hook, but it doesn't exist in org-mode 7.8.0.3. It would be
> nice to specify in the rource block header if results should be folded
> by default or not.
>
>
>>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>>
>> [answered previously - repeated for completeness]
>>
>> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET
>>

An unexpected (?) behaviour is that this works fine, but if i hide and
show (TAB twice) on the results and run the command, it doesn't remove
the results.

>
> Is this 7.8.0.3 behaviour expected and which org-mode are you using?
>

Cheers,

-- 
Johnny

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2012-03-18 11:59 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2012-03-17 18:37 #RESULTS folding and clearing Johnny
2012-03-17 18:38 ` Johnny
2012-03-17 19:11 ` Nick Dokos
2012-03-17 19:31   ` Johnny
2012-03-17 20:40 ` Nick Dokos
2012-03-18 11:40   ` Johnny
2012-03-18 11:47     ` Johnny

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).