* Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-07-04 12:36 SW
From: SW @ 2012-07-04 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have agenda TODO items due in 5d (in org-upcoming-deadline face), in 16d (in
default face) and in 26d (in org-upcoming-deadline face).

Why is the 16d deadline in default face?

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-07-05 16:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-05 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SW; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

SW <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> writes:

> I have agenda TODO items due in 5d (in org-upcoming-deadline face), in 16d (in
> default face) and in 26d (in org-upcoming-deadline face).
>
> Why is the 16d deadline in default face?

I can't reproduce this.

Can you provide a recipe and/or a screenshot?

 Bastien

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-07-09  7:45   ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-07-09  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> I can't reproduce this.
>
> Can you provide a recipe and/or a screenshot?

The date is different now and that particular combination of deadlines is gone.
When I see it again, I'll take a screenshot. Thanks.

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-08-03 20:57   ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-08-03 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> > I have agenda TODO items due in 5d (in org-upcoming-deadline face),
> > in 16d (in default face) and in 26d (in org-upcoming-deadline face).
> >
> > Why is the 16d deadline in default face?

> I can't reproduce this.
> Can you provide a recipe and/or a screenshot?

It has happened again -- see the screenshot here:

http://i.imgur.com/hmWNM.jpg

Notice that "10 days" is in a different face to 7 and 12 days.

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-08-04  7:12     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-04  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SW; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

SW <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> writes:

> Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:
>
>> > I have agenda TODO items due in 5d (in org-upcoming-deadline face),
>> > in 16d (in default face) and in 26d (in org-upcoming-deadline face).
>> >
>> > Why is the 16d deadline in default face?
>
>> I can't reproduce this.
>> Can you provide a recipe and/or a screenshot?
>
> It has happened again -- see the screenshot here:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/hmWNM.jpg
>
> Notice that "10 days" is in a different face to 7 and 12 days.

Can you provide a reproducible recipe?

 Bastien

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-08-05 10:04       ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-08-05 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Can you provide a reproducible recipe?

I'm going to try to make a minimal example. In the previous image, 10 days was
*not* in the "upcoming faces" face -- it was in default face. However, in this
example:

http://imgur.com/ge0hY

10 days *is* now in the "upcoming faces" face. "org-deadline-warning-days" is
set to 14.

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-08-05 10:59         ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-08-05 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I wrote:

> <snip>
>
> http://imgur.com/ge0hY
>
> <snip>

In the example image above:

 1d is in org-upcoming-deadline face
 5d is in org-upcoming-deadline face
 8d is in default face
10d is in org-upcoming-deadline face
26d is in default face
45d is in default face

*However*, the entry for the "10d" line is:

*** TODO EXAMPLE
    DEADLINE: <2012-08-15 Wed 12:00 -30d>

If I remove the "-30d" advanced warning part, then "10d" appears in default
face. So this has to do with the "org-agenda-deadline-faces", which I have *not*
modified:

--------------------
Its value is ((1.0 . org-warning)
 (0.5 . org-upcoming-deadline)
 (0.0 . default))
--------------------

If EXAMPLE is due in 10 days and the advanced warning is 30 days, then 20 days
have already elapsed. Therefore, for this entry, more than 0.5 (50%) of the time
has passed, therefore triggering the use of org-upcoming-deadline face.

Solved :)

* Re: Agenda Upcoming Faces
@ 2012-08-05 17:38           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-05 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)