From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
To: Fabio Rinaldi <fabio.rinaldi@uzh.ch>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: problem with odt export, emacs 23.3.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 00:10:21 +0530	[thread overview]

Fabio

Thanks for going through all this trouble.  Please post an updated
recipe so that others can benefit.

Did you look at `org-odt-data-dir', `org-odt-schema-dir-list' and
`org-odt-styles-dir-list'?

You can solve the issue by any one of the following ways:

1. Copy the style and schema files to `data-directory'.  This is same as
   the etc/ directory of your Emacs executable.

   M-: data-directory

  Hint: Just follow the error messages and you will be able to make out
  where they should go under etc/

2. Set the `org-odt-data-dir' variable.

   Look at where the .xml files are currently installed in your machine
   and set this variable to the *parent directory* of styles and schema
   files.

,---- From org-odt.el
`----

,---- From org-odt.el
|    (and org-odt-data-dir
| 	(expand-file-name "./schema/" org-odt-data-dir))
`----

   Something like this in your .emacs will do the trick.

    (eval-after-load 'org
     '(setq org-odt-data-dir "path/to/the/parent/of/styles/file"))

3. Look at the Makefile.

   There are a couple of variables that influence where style and schema
   files should go under.  Here is the original thread where the issue
   was discussed.  (It was in the cotext of Gentoo)

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-12/msg00850.html