* Compare a timestamp with existing agenda entries.
@ 2013-01-14 14:02 Nicolas Richard
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-01-14 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I mainly use org-mode for planning, and one thing I often do is (i)
insert a timestamp, and (ii) open the agenda at the given date and see
if I had anything planned already.

Would anyone have some experience to share with respect to automating
step (ii) ? Atm, I'm thinking of writing a function that lists all
agenda entries for which there is an intersection in the time range with
a given timestamp, and optionally also lists entries that have no time
spec but are planned on the same day.

My use case is to ease the process of filling in a "doodle". I already
wrote a few lines to import the proposed dates of a given doodle into
org-mode timestamps (see here: https://gist.github.com/4529894). Atm I
have to open (C-c C-o) each time stamp to see if there's a clash.

Any comment are welcome ! Thanks for your attention,

--
Nico.

* Re: Compare a timestamp with existing agenda entries.
@ 2013-01-14 22:21 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-01-14 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Richard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Richard <theonewiththeevillook@yahoo.fr> writes:

[...]

> My use case is to ease the process of filling in a "doodle". I
> already wrote a few lines to import the proposed dates of a
> given doodle into org-mode timestamps (see here:
> https://gist.github.com/4529894). Atm I have to open (C-c C-o)
> each time stamp to see if there's a clash.

I can't help you with your actual query unfortunately but just
wanted to say that I look forward to any solution you get!  I
recently had a 75 entry (yech) doodle to complete and even the
code you have posted above would have been quite helpful.

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3d-821-g35204a

* Re: Compare a timestamp with existing agenda entries.
@ 2013-01-24 14:34 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-24 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Richard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

"Nicolas Richard" <theonewiththeevillook@yahoo.fr> writes:

> My use case is to ease the process of filling in a "doodle". I already
> wrote a few lines to import the proposed dates of a given doodle into
> org-mode timestamps (see here: https://gist.github.com/4529894). Atm I
> have to open (C-c C-o) each time stamp to see if there's a clash.
>
> Any comment are welcome ! Thanks for your attention,

Here is what I do.

I have this in my Emacs config:

(setq calendar-mark-diary-entries-flag t)

And I use a simple ~/.diary file containing this:

%%(org-diary :scheduled :deadline :sexp :timestamp) ~/org/rdv.org

That way, each time I open the calendar, days with
scheduled/deadlined/timestamped entries in rdv.org
are highlighted.

This is not perfect because it does not tell the time
of these appointments -- so I just added a new binding
in the Org read date prompt: you can now use `?' to view
the diary entries on the  date the cursor here.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Compare a timestamp with existing agenda entries.
@ 2013-01-25 10:38   ` Nicolas Richard
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-01-25 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
> That way, each time I open the calendar, days with
> scheduled/deadlined/timestamped entries in rdv.org
> are highlighted.

Thanks for the hint.

> This is not perfect because it does not tell the time
> of these appointments -- so I just added a new binding
> in the Org read date prompt: you can now use `?' to view
> the diary entries on the  date the cursor here.

That looks nice too, I'll try it out. Just a note : the commit message
mention the `!' key instead of `?'.

--

@ 2013-01-25 10:43     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-25 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Richard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

"Nicolas Richard" <theonewiththeevillook@yahoo.fr> writes:

> That looks nice too, I'll try it out. Just a note : the commit message
> mention the `!' key instead of `?'.

Yes, my mistake, sorry for this.

--
 Bastien