#+Title: Emacs Calc Embedded Mode Examples * Temperature Conversion (solving equations) Conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit involves multiplication by 1.8 and the addition of 32 as shown below. eq := f = 1.8 c + 32 Solving for Celsius from Fahrenheit is then. ceq := solve(eq, c) => So, if we know that water boils at 100\deg Celsius, we can find the boiling point of water in Fahrenheit. subst(eq, c, 100) => Or if we know that paper burns at 451\deg Fahrenheit, we can find the burning point of paper in Celsius. subst(ceq, f, 451) =>