Samuel W Flint writes: > On 10 Aug 2014, Sharon Kimble wrote: > [Edited for the sake of brevity] > >>>> How can I have a command auto-run when a file is opened from >>>> 'desktop recovery' please? I want to auto-run "M-x linum-mode" when >>>> I open my daily journal, which stays open all the time. Running that >>>> command will switch off linum-mode for that file, which may stop >>>> "file-rot" that I have observed in the past. This can, at present, >>>> only be resolved by shutting down emacs for half an hour or so, and >>>> then restarting it, and normal functionality will have been >>>> restored. > > Have you considered using a hook? That is what they are for, and > generally, I’ve found that linum mode in an org file can be annoying, so > in my init file I have =(add-hook ‘org-mode-hook #’(lambda () > (linum-mode -1)))=, and, while I have Linum on globally, this disables > it for all org mode files. > Thanks for this Sam, it is now working beautifully. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1