* Space at end of monospace string?
@ 2015-03-24 10:04 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2015-03-24 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm writing a beamer presentation and have the followoing

   - =--nodes=2=  $\Rightarrow$ 2 /or more/ nodes
   - =--nodes=2-4=  $\Rightarrow$ 2 to 4 nodes

It would be nice to have the arrows line up, but doing =--nodes=2  =
obviously doesn't work.

Is there a simple solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Space at end of monospace string?
@ 2015-03-26 15:54 ` e.fraga
From: e.fraga @ 2015-03-26 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 11:04, Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a beamer presentation and have the followoing
>
>    - =--nodes=2=  $\Rightarrow$ 2 /or more/ nodes
>    - =--nodes=2-4=  $\Rightarrow$ 2 to 4 nodes
>
> It would be nice to have the arrows line up, but doing =--nodes=2  =
> obviously doesn't work.

If you want things to line up, I would recommend using either tables
(e.g. with \Rightarrow as column separator specified in the table
attributes) or one of the aligned equation environments in LaTeX with
\mbox or \textrm for the actual text elements.  Using font spacing is
always going to be messy...
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-790-gb719c1.dirty

* Re: Space at end of monospace string?
@ 2015-03-26 17:18   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-26 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

<e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 11:04, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm writing a beamer presentation and have the followoing
>>
>>    - =--nodes=2=  $\Rightarrow$ 2 /or more/ nodes
>>    - =--nodes=2-4=  $\Rightarrow$ 2 to 4 nodes
>>
>> It would be nice to have the arrows line up, but doing =--nodes=2  =
>> obviously doesn't work.
>
> If you want things to line up, I would recommend using either tables
> (e.g. with \Rightarrow as column separator specified in the table
> attributes) or one of the aligned equation environments in LaTeX with
> \mbox or \textrm for the actual text elements.  Using font spacing is
> always going to be messy...

The OP can also use a spacing entity, e.g., \nbsp.

Nicolas Goaziou