* org-todo-yesterday and 23:59
@ 2016-04-22  1:58 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2016-04-22  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

can org-todo-yesterday be made to use [2016-04-20 Wed] instead of
[2016-04-20 Wed 23:59]?

at least to my thinking, this would indicate that there is
indeterminate time, which is what i would prefer.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: org-todo-yesterday and 23:59
@ 2016-04-22  5:30 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2016-04-22  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> can org-todo-yesterday be made to use [2016-04-20 Wed] instead of
> [2016-04-20 Wed 23:59]?

I guess you could add :after advice to the function and remove the time
from the new timestamp.

* Re: org-todo-yesterday and 23:59
@ 2016-04-22  6:48   ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2016-04-22  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> can org-todo-yesterday be made to use [2016-04-20 Wed] instead of
>> [2016-04-20 Wed 23:59]?
>
> I guess you could add :after advice to the function and remove the time
> from the new timestamp.

Alternatively, maybe you could temporarily either override or advise
`org-time-stamp-format' to always insert a date-only timestamp.  There's
some code here that might help:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/15916937/712624

The crux seems to be the `long' variable here:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(defun org-time-stamp-format (&optional long inactive)
  "Get the right format for a time string."
  (let ((f (if long (cdr org-time-stamp-formats)
	     (car org-time-stamp-formats))))
    (if inactive
	(concat "[" (substring f 1 -1) "]")
      f)))
#+END_SRC

I don't see an easy way to change the argument passed to it by the chain
of functions that ends up calling it.  I'm no expert though, so maybe
I'm missing something obvious.  :)