* Bug: org-clock-total-time is calculated from midnight in UTC (not in current time zone) [9.1.4 (9.1.4-13-g84cb63-elpa @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171218/)]
@ 2017-12-22  1:55 Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2017-12-22  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This email may contain confidential and/or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended for receipt and use solely by the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. Please delete the email immediately and inform the sender. Thank You
The above message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended for receipt and use solely by the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately by reply e-mail or telephone, reversing the charge if necessary. Please delete the message thereafter. Thank you.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 6781 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1162 bytes --]

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

org-clock-in in org-clock.el calculates org-clock-total-time via calling
(org-clock-sum-current-item (org-clock-get-sum-start)).
However, org-clock-get-sum-start returns the time in UTC, which is not
considered by org-clock-sum-current-time.

My time zone if UTC+8 and org-clock-mode-line-total is 'today. Hence
org-clock-total-time is gives total time starting from 8am today (which
is midnight in UTC) instead of midnight in UTC+8.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2017-12-06
Package: Org mode version 9.1.4 (9.1.4-13-g84cb63-elpa @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171218/)

--
Ihor Radchenko,
PhD Student

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Bug: org-clock-total-time is calculated from midnight in UTC (not in current time zone) [9.1.4 (9.1.4-13-g84cb63-elpa @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171218/)]
  2017-12-22  1:55 Bug: org-clock-total-time is calculated from midnight in UTC (not in current time zone) [9.1.4 (9.1.4-13-g84cb63-elpa @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171218/)] Ihor Radchenko
@ 2017-12-22  7:35 ` Allen Li
From: Allen Li @ 2017-12-22  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Ihor Radchenko
<ihor_radchenko@mymail.sutd.edu.sg> wrote:

> org-clock-in in org-clock.el calculates org-clock-total-time via calling
> (org-clock-sum-current-item (org-clock-get-sum-start)).
> However, org-clock-get-sum-start returns the time in UTC, which is not
> considered by org-clock-sum-current-time.
>
> My time zone if UTC+8 and org-clock-mode-line-total is 'today. Hence
> org-clock-total-time is gives total time starting from 8am today (which
> is midnight in UTC) instead of midnight in UTC+8.

This sounds like a continuation of Org mode’s timezone issues.

The original thread (which is long-winded):

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-11/msg00000.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-11/msg00027.html

The second bug, also timezone issues:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-12/msg00039.html

@ 2017-12-22 18:22   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-22 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Li; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Ihor Radchenko

Hello,

Allen Li <vianchielfaura@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Ihor Radchenko
> <ihor_radchenko@mymail.sutd.edu.sg> wrote:
>>
>> org-clock-in in org-clock.el calculates org-clock-total-time via calling
>> (org-clock-sum-current-item (org-clock-get-sum-start)).
>> However, org-clock-get-sum-start returns the time in UTC, which is not
>> considered by org-clock-sum-current-time.
>>
>> My time zone if UTC+8 and org-clock-mode-line-total is 'today. Hence
>> org-clock-total-time is gives total time starting from 8am today (which
>> is midnight in UTC) instead of midnight in UTC+8.
>
> This sounds like a continuation of Org mode’s timezone issues.

Indeed. This is a leftover from timezone issues. I removed it.

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2017-12-22 19:42 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2017-12-22 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

in friendly jest:

On 12/21/17, Ihor Radchenko <ihor_radchenko@mymail.sutd.edu.sg> wrote:
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please inform the

all those people who read the archives have to send you email and
delete the archives!

that poor bot!  it is being told to send you email for each message!
it is disseminating!  or maybe distributing!

i'm gonna prohibit you from combing your hair for the next week!
because you received this email!  i'll bet you think this email is
about you!  don't you!  don't you!

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.

@ 2017-12-22 23:48   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2017-12-22 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)