On Monday, 9 Apr 2018 at 12:18, Kaushal Modi wrote: > On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 8:11 AM Eric S Fraga wrote: > >> >> I would much prefer contrib. ELPA does not work well, in my experience, >> if you have different systems running different versions of Emacs. >> > > Out of curiosity, why is that? Because of few backward-incompatibilities in > byte compiled files in newer Emacs versions? If so, it's useful to have > major-version specific package-user-dir 's. Yes, because of byte code incompatibilities. Yes, I probably need to set up major version specific directories. Laziness on my part, I guess. Which is why I am happy for my comment to be ignored. ;-) thanks, eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-347-gd73a5e