* Solved inline image problem from 2015
@ 2020-04-14 20:47 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2020-04-14 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Aloha all,

Five (!) years ago, I came to the list with a problem toggling
inline image display.  No matter what I did, images were displayed
in the buffer.  Despite some good help from Rasmus, I wasn't able
to solve the problem at that time.

A few years ago, I noticed the problem is restricted to png files,
which I was exporting from R.  For a long while I solved the
problem by not exporting png files :)

Recently, I needed png files again and ran into my old problem.
Toggling inline images had no effect on the png files, which were
always displayed in the buffer.

It appears the problem has to do with interlacing in the png file.
I used ImageMagick to get rid of the interlacing --- mogrify
-interlace none *.png.  Fixed!

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
https://tsdye.online/tsdye

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-14 20:48 UTC | newest]