Robert Nikander writes: > Hitting TAB on the BEGIN line does nothing. But if I add a blank line before it, then hitting TAB hides and shows the block. Is that a bug? Or am I doing it wrong? Seems like it should work without the blank line. > > * Test > Some text > > #+BEGIN > Hide this > #+END > > M-x org-version => 9.5.1. This last case is actually a bug. As Tomas pointed, Org blocks have slightly different syntax: either #+begin_something or #+begin: typeofblock. The fact that you can fold the #+BEGIN..#+END in your second case should not happen. The fix is attached. Nicolas, Let me know if I miss something about special block parsing. Best, Ihor