* Minor rendering issues in the Org Mode Compact Guide
@ 2022-12-17 23:11 Cauim de Souza Lima
From: Cauim de Souza Lima @ 2022-12-17 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Org mode maintainers,

While reading the compact guide, I found a couple of minor rendering issues:

   - Section 2.2 Visibility Cycling
   <https://orgmode.org/guide/Visibility-Cycling.html>: "Org uses just two
   commands, bound to TAB and *{{{kbd{S-TAB)}}}* to change the visibility
   in the buffer."
   - Section 5.2 Multi-state Workflow
   <https://orgmode.org/guide/Multi_002dstate-Workflow.html>: "You can use
   TODO keywords to indicate *@emph{sequential}* working progress states"
   - Section 8.1 Timestamps <https://orgmode.org/guide/Timestamps.html>:
   "Its presence causes entries to be shown on specific dates in the agenda
   (see *[BROKEN LINK: *The Weekly/daily Agenda]*)."
   - Section 8.4 Clocking Work Time
   <https://orgmode.org/guide/Clocking-Work-Time.html>: "The l key may be
   used in the agenda (see *[BROKEN LINK: *The Weekly/daily Agenda])* to
   show..."
   - Section 10.2 The Agenda Dispatcher
   <https://orgmode.org/guide/Agenda-Dispatcher.html>: "Create the
   calendar-like agenda (see *[BROKEN LINK: *The Weekly/daily Agenda]*)."

These issues seem to be present in the HTML and in the PDF versions of the
manual.

I'd be happy to fix the issues myself but I'd need pointers.

Thanks,
Cauim

* Re: Minor rendering issues in the Org Mode Compact Guide
@ 2022-12-18 14:46 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-12-18 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cauim de Souza Lima; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Cauim de Souza Lima <cauimsouza@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, Org mode maintainers,
>
> While reading the compact guide, I found a couple of minor rendering issues:

Thanks for reporting!

Fixed on bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=12e10eb0d

> These issues seem to be present in the HTML and in the PDF versions of the
> manual.
>
> I'd be happy to fix the issues myself but I'd need pointers.

Mmm.. I was too quick to fix these as I was reading your email.
Org documentation is mostly written using Org itself.
To fix these issues, I edited doc/org-guide.org, which is exported to
html/pdf/info output.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,