Hi All, > It’s not like we cannot fix this by splitting the regexp manually into > prefix tree. > > The question is performance though. For reference, I ran into this issue with Org Glossary, and did exactly this: see . I sort all the strings being matched with `string<' and then create clumps of ~800 terms and then search with the constructed regex for each clump in turn. Obviously this has a performance impact, but it seems to work well enough, and working slower is clearly better than not working at all. All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .