* How to export org-agenda to ICS to show in iCal
@ 2023-02-14 19:53 Alexei Gilev
From: Alexei Gilev @ 2023-02-14 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For months I have been wanting to be able to export my scheduled tasks to
ICS to be able to see it it iCal, which is very visually pleasing and
easier for me to grasp my agenda. Plus, I can see it in the context of my
work tasks, which i don't have in orgmode.

I tried this:

(add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
      '("o" "Agenda to ICS"
         ;((agenda "" nil)
          ((alltodo ""
         nil
         ("/Users/agilev/Dropbox/emacs.ics")))))

...unsuccessfully.

It shows the list in Emacs, but there is no ICS exported. I wonder what i
am doing wrong.

Maybe somebody knows a way to do it differently not using the agenda? Maybe
a function that I can cron to export my scheduled tasks or a hook for every
time i changed my agenda files?

Thanks so much in advance1
A.G.

* Re: How to export org-agenda to ICS to show in iCal
@ 2023-02-17 10:29 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-17 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexei Gilev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alexei Gilev <gerardomoro37@gmail.com> writes:

> For months I have been wanting to be able to export my scheduled tasks to
> ICS to be able to see it it iCal, which is very visually pleasing and
> easier for me to grasp my agenda. Plus, I can see it in the context of my
> work tasks, which i don't have in orgmode.

In agenda buffer, M-x write-file <RET> file-name.ics <RET>

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: How to export org-agenda to ICS to show in iCal
@ 2023-02-18 14:48   ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2023-02-18 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexei Gilev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 17/02/2023 17:29, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Alexei Gilev writes:
>
>> For months I have been wanting to be able to export my scheduled tasks to
>> ICS to be able to see it it iCal, which is very visually pleasing and
>> easier for me to grasp my agenda. Plus, I can see it in the context of my
>> work tasks, which i don't have in orgmode.
>
> In agenda buffer, M-x write-file <RET> file-name.ics <RET>

Shouldn't it be `org-agenda-write', not `write-file'?

(info "(org) Exporting Agenda Views")
https://orgmode.org/manual/Exporting-Agenda-Views.html

See also

(info "(org) iCalendar Export")
https://orgmode.org/manual/iCalendar-Export.html

* Re: How to export org-agenda to ICS to show in iCal
@ 2023-02-19 11:32     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-19 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Nikulin; +Cc: Alexei Gilev, emacs-orgmode

>> In agenda buffer, M-x write-file <RET> file-name.ics <RET>
>
> Shouldn't it be `org-agenda-write', not `write-file'?

Yes, indeed.

* Re: How to export org-agenda to ICS to show in iCal
@ 2023-02-23  6:54       ` Alexei Gilev
From: Alexei Gilev @ 2023-02-23  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Max Nikulin, emacs-orgmode

Thanks for your time.

When I try, however, to use functions like
org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files or org-icalendar-export-to-ics, I get
this error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
> ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’")

When I use the function: org-agenda-write to agenda.ics, it throws the
error "condition-case: Unable to resolve link:".

I would rather be able to use the org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files, so I
export all agenda file tasks to an ICS ICalendar file.

Any help welcome, thanks!

Best,

A.

@ 2023-02-23  9:38         ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-23  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexei Gilev; +Cc: Max Nikulin, emacs-orgmode

Alexei Gilev <gerardomoro37@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your time.
>
> When I try, however, to use functions like
> org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files or org-icalendar-export-to-ics, I get
> this error:

It would help if you provided a backtrace or, better, a reproducer
starting from Emacs -Q.

See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,