* Re: Re: Is there a way of putting the biblatex options in the org file?
@ 2023-02-22  6:10 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-02-22  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

>> This does a lot of 'magic'
>> #+bibliography: python3.bib
>> #+cite_export: biblatex

> just add e.g.:

> #+LATEX_HEADER:

\usepackage[isbn=false,url=false,doi=false,eprint=false,related=false]{biblatex}

> Cheers,
> Reza

That's what I'm trying to avoid... and do right now
You have the `pure org` header lines above and then you need
to write LaTeX. I would rather have something like

#+cite_export_options: blah blah

I'll give it a try to see what I come up with when I have a couple of
cycles.

Best, /PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: Re: Is there a way of putting the biblatex options in the org file?
@ 2023-02-22 11:33 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-22 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List

Feel free to join the discussion at https://orgmode.org/list/87ilghfyzs.fsf@localhost

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Re: Is there a way of putting the biblatex options in the org file?
@ 2023-02-22 12:05   ` Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-02-22 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org Mode List

To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Re: Re: [BUG] #+cite_export: ... bibstyle citestyle cannot be
universally used as global defaults (was: Patch for \usepackage[ ...
natbib = true ...]{...biblatex} with org-cite)

On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 00:14:59 +0100 (CET) Edgar wrote:
> Dear Ihor,
> On Feb 4, 2023 at 12:31 PM, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:Edgar Lux <edgarlux@mailfence.com> writes:
>> For example, ... the proposed idea is
>> a bit awkward:

>> #+cite_export: processor[opt1=val1,opt2=val2,...] bibliography-style[...]
>> citation-style[...]
>>
>> I assumed that there is one "major" bibliography-style/citation-style.
>> However, it is not really the case in practice. The styles are combined.
> First of all, I quickly glanced at the other citation processors, and they seem to have been implemented with a different design in Org. This *may* have to do with biblatex being more advanced (disclaimer: I'm not saying that it actually is, it's a possibility only).
> If the idea is that all processors are going to get the same syntax, I think that the implementation may not suit one of them. At that point, it may be that the filters will have to be adapted to specific processors in contrived ways. This of course will be much dependent on the choice of processors chosen to be supported by Org. Some other groups may decide to implement, for example, the JabRef #+cite_export (this does not imply that JabRef is a citation processor, it's just a colourful example).
>> For example, adding links to bibliography to citations is applied
>> regardless of the particular citation command being used.
>>
>> So, I am not leaning closer to only allowing options being passed to
>> "processor", but not to styles. This will at least come closer to
>> certain settings being citation package global config applied to
>> everything. If we have options applied to specific citation commands,
>> they will rather fit into citation-style/sub-style.
>>
>> #+cite_export: processor[opt1=val1,opt2=val2,...] bibliography-style
>> citation-style

> If it were me, I would consider just having the options as =#+cite_export: processor :options "anything"=. If the bibliography-style is important for the user and processor, may be default values can be provided; and let the user read some documentation option which are needed to run her particular processor (provided by them, not necessarily Org). Again, being completely honest, I don't think that you should put a dummy (like me) making these very relevant decisions.

Joining the discussion I seem to have missed before (because I was
using a less org-ish solution).
My scenario: BEAMER and LATEX are my main targets, both with BIBLATEX
and biber as backend. Works nicely, and I can include a bibliography
at the end of my presentations, which is nice for lectures.
I'm more interested in the 'processor' part, because the default
bibliography and citation style fit me. However, I think that
something like:

#+cite_export: processor bibliography-style citation-style :options
opt1=val1,opt2=val2,...

as a generalised form (for the shortened version with default styles):

#+cite_export: processor :options opt1=val1,opt2=val2,...

would be expressive enough.

Best, /PA

@ 2023-02-23  9:44     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-23  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Joining the discussion I seem to have missed before (because I was
> using a less org-ish solution).

Could you please reply in the linked thread? Otherwise, other
participants of that thread will not see your idea.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,