"Loris Bennett" writes: >> + List of tags that will *only* be selected for export. The default > > I find the emphasised 'only' confusing here, since it implies to me > there the tags might have some other function. I would find, in analogy > to the corresponding text regarding exclude tags, the following text > better: > > List of tags that will be included in the export. > I assume that 'only' was meant to imply that the list of tags is > exclusive in the sense that no other tags will be exported. However, > talking about an 'exclusive list' the context of what will be included > in the export is probably not going to be helpful. What about List of tags that will, if present, be selected for export. The default value is ~org-export-select-tags~ =("export")=. When a tree is tagged with =export=, Org selects that tree and its subtrees for export, ignoring all the other sections that do not possess the =export= tag. When selectively exporting files with =export= tags set, Org does not export any text that appears before the first headline. Note that a file without the =export= tags will export all its sections. > Note that the keywords SELECT_TAGS and EXCLUDE_TAGS are not proper > antonyms, which might be a possible source of confusion. I don't know > how feasible it would be to replace (at least in the sense of an alias), > these terms with, say, > > EXPORT_INCLUDE_TAGS > EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS They are not exactly antonyms, because there is also the default behavior with neither export nor noexport tags. With "export" tags, everything but what is tagged "export" is dropped, including subtrees without "export" tag. With "noexport" tags, only the subtrees explicitly tagged "noexport" are dropped. The subtrees with no "noexport"/"export" tags will still be exported. As for EXPORT_... prefix, we do not use it, except in heading properties. It is by convention. In any case, I do not see a big problem with the current terminology. It is to late too change it, unless there is a stronger reason. >> + List o tags that will be excluded from export. The default value is > > There is an 'f' missing in > > List o tags Fixed New version of the patch attached.