Dear all, We have ~org-auto-align-tags~ option that controls whether editing commands re-align the tags. However, this option is only respected by some editing commands, like changing the headline level. Many other editing commands re-align tags unconditionally. For example, when * typing right here or deleting inside a heading with :tag1:tag2: the :tag1:tag2: automatically remains aligned, regardless of the value of ~org-auto-align-tags~. In the attached patch, I am changing all the commands in Org mode, including "self-insert" and "delete-backwards" to respect this option. However, because ~org-auto-align-tags~ is disabled by default, this will cause breaking change - there are many more commands in Org mode that re-align tags unconditionally compared to the commands that do take it into account. I'd like to ask you, Org mode users, whether we should flip the default value of ~org-auto-align-tags~ to t or leave it as nil - flipping the default value will preserve the behavior described above, but change the default behavior of ~org-promote~, ~org-demote~, ~org-todo~, ~org-delete-indentation~, and ~org-return~. Keeping the value nil, will change the default behavior when typing/deleting inside headline, in ~org-mobile-edit~, ~org-insert-heading~, ~org-edit-headline~, ~org-priority~, ~org-entry-put~, ~org-kill-line~. Or maybe should we keep the status quo with ~org-auto-align-tags~ sometimes respected and sometimes not?