* Org-mode 5.11 released
@ 2007-10-05 14:02 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-05 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Hi

Org-mode 5.11 is available at http://orgmode.org.

Enjoy!

- Carsten

Changes in Version 5.11
-----------------------

* Overview

   - LOGGING property allows to locally set logging.
   - SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, LOCATION properties for iCalendar
   - Command to jump to the running clock
   - Clock entries can now have their own drawer
   - `C-c C-x C-r' only updates a clocktable at point
   - New way to assign a remember template to a single key
   - `C-n' and `C-p' are back to their default binding
   - `C-x C-s' in agenda buffer saves all org-mode buffers
   - Schedule/deadline leaves note in agenda buffer
   - Prefix argument for `C-c C-d/s' will remove date
   - New variable to make block aranda more compact
   - Better tag alignment in agenda

* Incompatible changes

   - If you have customized `org-drawers', you need to add
     "CLOCK" to the list of drawers.

   - The variable `org-agenda-align-tags-to-column' has been
     renamed to `org-agenda-tags-column'.  The old name is still
     an alias, in Emacs 22 and in XEmacs, but not in Emacs 21.

   - The default value for both `org-tags-column' and
     `org-agenda-tags-column' is now -80.

   - The variable
     `org-insert-labeled-timestamps-before-properties-drawer'
     is now obsolete.

* Details

   - The LOGGING property allows to modify the settings for
     progress logging for a single entry.  For example:

      :PROPERTIES:
        :LOGGING: nologging nologrepeat
      :END:

     turns off all progress logging for the current entry and its
     children.

   - The properties SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION and LOCATION have
     special meaning during iCalendar export, when they translate
     to the corresponding VEVENT and VTODO fields.  If not given,
     Org-ode continues to use cleaned-up version of the headline
     and body as the summary and the description, respectively.

   - New function to go to the entry with the currently running
     clock.  Bound to `C-c C-x C-j', in agenda also to "J".  If
     you use this often, you might even want to assign a global
     key.  Thanks to Bernt and Bastien.

   - Clock entries can now have their own drawer, the :CLOCK:
     drawer.  Check out the variable `org-clock-into-drawer' for
     configuration of this feature.  The default is to create a
     drawer when the second clocking line gets added to an entry.
     Note that "CLOCK" has been added to the default value of
     `org-drawers', but if you have configured that variable, you
     must go back and add "CLOCK" yourself to get this drawer
     folded away.  Thanks to Tom Weissman for pointing out that
     too many clock entries are visually annoying.

   - `C-c C-x C-r' no longer tries to find the first clocktable
     in a buffer and then updates it.  Instead, it will update
     the clocktable at point if there is one (same as C-c C-c
     will do if the cursor is in the "#+BEGIN" line of the
     table).  If there is none at point, a new one will be
     inserted.  This change was necessary because the new :scope
     parameter allows to have several clocktables in a buffer.
     Thanks to Bastien for pointing this out.
     To update all dynamic blocks in a file, use `C-u C-c C-x C-u'.

   - The function `org-remember' can now be called with a
     template selection key as argument.  This helps to make key
     bindings that go directly to a specific template without
     being prompted for a template, like this:

      (global-set-key [f5] (lambda () (interactive) (org-remember "j")))

     Thanks to Richard G Riley for bringing this up.

   - `C-n' and `C-p' are back to their default binding
     (next/previous line) in the agenda buffer.  Enough people,
     including recently Denis Bueno, have complained about this,
     and I agree it is not good to break habits like that.

   - `C-x C-s' in an agenda buffer now saves all org-mode buffers
     (also `s' does this).

   - Setting schedule or deadline dates from the agenda now
     produces a note in the agenda, similarly to what happens
     with S-left/right.

   - Using a prefix argument for `C-c C-d' or `C-c C-s' will
     remove the deadline or scheduling date from an item.  Thanks
     to Wanrong Lin for this proposal.

   - New variable `org-agenda-compact-blocks'.  When set, the
     space between blocks in a block agenda is reduced as much as
     possible, to show more items on a single screen.

   - The variable `org-agenda-tags-column' (renamed from
     `org-agenda-align-tags-to-column') can now also be negative,
     to mean alignment to the left.  The new default is -80, just
     like it is now for `org-tags-column'.

   - Bug fixes

* Re: Org-mode 5.11 released
@ 2007-10-05 17:53 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-10-05 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>   - `C-c C-x C-r' only updates a clocktable at point

Okay... I'm used to C-c C-x C-r jumping to my

* Timelog

entry which is where I keep my clock.  Is this functionality still
available?

C-c C-x C-r on a random task entry in my file generates this:

,----[ clock entry created ]
| #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 2 :scope file
|
| #+END:
`----

but it has no detail?

Having to navigate to the clock table first before updating it is a
little less convenient.

Bernt

* Re: Org-mode 5.11 released
@ 2007-10-05 17:57 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-10-05 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>   - Clock entries can now have their own drawer

Clocking is broken I think.

I created a new task with remember and started clocking it and it
created the CLOCK: line as usual.
Then I clocked out and in again and it added a :CLOCK: drawer for the
clock entries - so far so good.

Now I go to another task in the file and start the clock on that... and
the clock entry goes in the newly created drawer in the other task :(

I'm moving back to 5.10 for now.

Bernt

* Org-mode 5.11 released
       [not found] <E1IdpeH-0007Nf-CP@mail2.zrz.tu-berlin.de>
@ 2007-10-07 16:43 ` Stephan Schmitt
From: Stephan Schmitt @ 2007-10-07 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

thanks for org-mode!

I found a bug org-mode 5.11b.

Carsten Dominik wrote:
>    - The function `org-remember' can now be called with a
>      template selection key as argument.  This helps to make key
>      bindings that go directly to a specific template without
>      being prompted for a template, like this:
>
>       (global-set-key [f5] (lambda () (interactive) (org-remember "j")))

Calling org-remember with an argument gives an error.
Fix:
# diff org.el~ org.el
12442c12442
<                        (if (string-p