Mikael Fornius writes: > David O'Toole writes: > >> Does anyone else here use org-mode for fitness and/or health tracking? [...] > Lately I have been thinking of and trying to implement a true org-mode > running diary. Which means to use the org-mode file as raw-data file > (properties) instead of my parallell sexp-assoc-list-elisp-data-file. > > I tried column mode but it is far too slow for 300 headings and the > calculations possible is only sums but I need much more. > Hi Mikael, I ran into a very similar issue with column view lately while trying to use org-mode to collect experimental results. I created the attached file, which can be used to collect data from properties in a manner similar to column view, but using a simpler method meant only for table display, rather than column viewing, and allowing for the application of general elisp to the values before they are dumped into the table. I think it would work in your case as well. I applied it to the data you posted with the following results. The mechanics are working, but it could use some display cleaning. The file `org-collector.el' is attached