From: Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: RFC: Improvements to org-remember
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 04:05:55 +0100	[thread overview]

James TD Smith <ahktenzero@mohorovi.cc> writes:
> ** Unit tests
>
>    If we can decide on a unit testing framework, this would be an ideal
>    opportunity to add some test coverage, as I'll need to do extensive testing
>    to ensure I don't break anything with the refactoring or the new features. I
>    have some experience with unit testing using JUnit.

As your the first one to really use unit tests, I suggest you use the
framework you like the most or you trust the most, what ever. In the
worst case, those tests have to be rewritten but this could happen
anyway.

As I read through the 'How you can help' thread [1], I found no basis
for a decision. The only example code on Worg uses ert [2]. Could be a
hint, since one of the active elisp people here used it at least once to
write the example code (Eric?).

Looks like simply choosing one and see how far it goes might be the way
to go here.

Regards,

  Sebastian

 [1]  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2008-10/msg00451.html
      and previous/next messages.

 [2]  Worg.git/org-tests/ert-publish-test.el

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de