* Announcing a new tutorial about org-mode, GTD using effort, column view and custom agenda commands
@ 2009-01-16  8:19 Charles Cave
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Charles Cave @ 2009-01-16  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Over the last few days I have been consolidating my GTD system,
fine tuning my files and understanding some of the subtleties
of the various org-mode features.

My tutorial is titled "How I use Emacs and Org-mode to implement GTD"

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/gtd_workflow.html

I demonstrate my use of Effort tags, column view, fast selection of
TODO states, refiling and customising refile targets.

I hope you find the tutorial useful, and please let me know any
errors, corrections or suggestions for additional content.

Thanks,
Charles Cave

Contents

    * What is Getting Things Done?
    * About the Author (of the tutorial)
    * Tools
    * The org mode text files
    * The main GTD File
    * Category tags
    * Context Tags
    * To Do states
    * Planning the Day
    * Estimating the Day's work
    * Working the Day
    * Reviewing the Week
    * Refiling
    * Note Taking
    * Synchronising home and work org-mode files
    * Further Reading