I have changed my org-colview.el so that it is possible to get min, mean and max values calculated instead of just sums in the table summaries. I use orgmode as a dayplanner and physical exercise diary. My exercise data is stored as properties in a year->month->day tree and it is very nice for med to get an overview of my fastest run or average heartrate over time with columnview. If you developers like it I can make the same changes to org-colview-xemacs.el and document it in the manual for use in future releases? New column operators: min, mean, max, :min, :mean, :max. When prefixed with ':' use timevalue output format. Example (I measure speed in min/km): #+COLUMNS: %DISTANCE{+;%.1f} %HEARTRATE{mean;%.1f} %MAXHEARTRATE{max} %SPEED{:min} Here is the patch: