* export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-06 10:58 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2009-07-06 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mmh, what option do I have to use if I want to display the timestamp in
a headline when exporting to html?

Regards
henry

* Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-06 11:10 ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2009-07-06 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mo, Jul 06 2009, henry atting wrote:

> Mmh, what option do I have to use if I want to display the timestamp in
> a headline when exporting to html?

Sorry, wrong question. What I really want to know is how to display the
timestamp in the *table of contents*. ;)

* Re: Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-06 13:02   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-07-06 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 6, 2009, at 1:10 PM, henry atting wrote:

> On Mo, Jul 06 2009, henry atting wrote:
>
>> Mmh, what option do I have to use if I want to display the
>> timestamp in
>> a headline when exporting to html?
>
> Sorry, wrong question. What I really want to know is how to display
> the
> timestamp in the *table of contents*. ;)

Hmmm, lets try to guess what the variable name might be.....

something starting with "org-"
something containing "stamp"
something containing "toc"

M-x apropos-variable RET org.*stamp.*toc.* RET

http://www.pdsys.org/blog_files/WallE-Tada.mp3

:-)

- Carsten

* Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-06 13:14     ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2009-07-06 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, henry atting

On Mo, Jul 06 2009, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2009, at 1:10 PM, henry atting wrote:
>
>> On Mo, Jul 06 2009, henry atting wrote:
>>
>>> Mmh, what option do I have to use if I want to display the
>>> timestamp in
>>> a headline when exporting to html?
>>
>> Sorry, wrong question. What I really want to know is how to display
>> the
>> timestamp in the *table of contents*. ;)
>
> Hmmm, lets try to guess what the variable name might be.....
>
> something starting with "org-"
> something containing "stamp"
> something containing "toc"
>

> M-x apropos-variable RET org.*stamp.*toc.* RET
>
> http://www.pdsys.org/blog_files/WallE-Tada.mp3

Great, a riddle. And I solved it right away. Must be in good form, so
I'll go to the  races as soon as possible.

Many thanks ;-)

@ 2009-07-06 13:57       ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2009-07-06 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mo, Jul 06 2009, henry atting wrote:

> On Mo, Jul 06 2009, Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> Sorry, wrong question. What I really want to know is how to display
>>> the
>>> timestamp in the *table of contents*. ;)
>>
>> Hmmm, lets try to guess what the variable name might be.....
>>
>> something starting with "org-"
>> something containing "stamp"
>> something containing "toc"
>>

>> M-x apropos-variable RET org.*stamp.*toc.* RET
>>
>> http://www.pdsys.org/blog_files/WallE-Tada.mp3
>
> Great, a riddle. And I solved it right away. Must be in good form, so
> I'll go to the  races as soon as possible.

I am afraid this is going to be my wonderfull
don't-ask-clearly-but-bit-by-bit-post...
In my feeling of elation of having solved the riddle I forgot to mention
that I am looking for a per-file solution, something that can be done
with #+OPTIONS: ...

* Re: Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-06 15:04         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-07-06 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 6, 2009, at 3:57 PM, henry atting wrote:

> On Mo, Jul 06 2009, henry atting wrote:

>>> Hmmm, lets try to guess what the variable name might be.....
>>>
>>> something starting with "org-"
>>> something containing "stamp"
>>> something containing "toc"
>>>

>>> M-x apropos-variable RET org.*stamp.*toc.* RET
>>>
>>> http://www.pdsys.org/blog_files/WallE-Tada.mp3
>>
>> Great, a riddle. And I solved it right away. Must be in good form, so
>> I'll go to the  races as soon as possible.
>
> I am afraid this is going to be my wonderfull
> don't-ask-clearly-but-bit-by-bit-post...
> In my feeling of elation of having solved the riddle I forgot to
> mention
> that I am looking for a per-file solution, something that can be done
> with #+OPTIONS: ...

OK, there really has to be an end of what we add to the OPTIONS line
with
abbreviations for all kinds of things.

Get the latest git version, and then use

#+BIND: org-export-remove-timestamps-from-toc t

This is a general mechanism that will work for any variable that should
be bound to a special value during export, and that is not already
covered by the #+OPTIONS or a similar line.

- Carsten

* Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-06 16:51           ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2009-07-06 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, henry atting

On Mo, Jul 06 2009, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2009, at 3:57 PM, henry atting wrote:

>>> Great, a riddle. And I solved it right away. Must be in good form, so
>>> I'll go to the  races as soon as possible.
>>
>> I am afraid this is going to be my wonderfull
>> don't-ask-clearly-but-bit-by-bit-post...
>> In my feeling of elation of having solved the riddle I forgot to
>> mention
>> that I am looking for a per-file solution, something that can be done
>> with #+OPTIONS: ...
>
> OK, there really has to be an end of what we add to the OPTIONS line
> with
> abbreviations for all kinds of things.
>
> Get the latest git version, and then use
>
> #+BIND: org-export-remove-timestamps-from-toc t
>
> This is a general mechanism that will work for any variable that should
> be bound to a special value during export, and that is not already
> covered by the #+OPTIONS or a similar line.

I don't adhere to #+OPTIONS; #+BIND is fine; thanks!

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de

* Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-07  1:54     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-07-07  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, henry atting

> On Jul 6, 2009, at 1:10 PM, henry atting wrote:
>
> Hmmm, lets try to guess what the variable name might be.....
>
> something starting with "org-"
> something containing "stamp"
> something containing "toc"
>

> M-x apropos-variable RET org.*stamp.*toc.* RET
>
> http://www.pdsys.org/blog_files/WallE-Tada.mp3
>
> :-)

Hmm the docstring for this variable feels backwards to me.

org-export-remove-timestamps-from-toc

If this is a boolean I'd think that if it's true then you are removing
the timestamps (ie it's a directive to remove timestamps from the toc)

but the docstring seems to be the reverse.

If nil, remove timestamps from the table of contents entries.

Just my 2 cents :)

-Bernt

* Re: export timestamp in headline
@ 2009-07-07  4:08       ` Carsten Dominik