* preparation-function syntax for publishing
@ 2009-10-21 13:47 Julien Barnier
From: Julien Barnier @ 2009-10-21 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear org users,

I'm trying to use the :preparation-function argument for project
publishing. What I'd like to achieve i s to load a file in order to
define some styling elements for the export process, something such
as :

(load "org-style")

I tried several different syntaxes, such as :

:preparation-function (load "org-style")

But I didn't manage to achieve it, whichever syntax I try I get an
invalid function error.

Do you know if there is a way to declare such a thing ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

--
Julien

* Re: preparation-function syntax for publishing
@ 2009-10-22  8:37 ` Julien Barnier
From: Julien Barnier @ 2009-10-22  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

> I'm trying to use the :preparation-function argument for project
> publishing. What I'd like to achieve i s to load a file in order to
> define some styling elements for the export process, something such
> as :
>
> (load "org-style")
>
> I tried several different syntaxes, such as :
>
> :preparation-function (load "org-style")
>
> But I didn't manage to achieve it, whichever syntax I try I get an
> invalid function error.

Sorry to answer to myself, but I just wanted to mention that I found a
quick workaround. You can just create a new function :

(defun my-load-org-style () (load "org-style"))

And then use :

:preparation-function my-load-org-style

I don't know if there is a way to achieve this directly without a new
function declaration, but this way seems to work for me.

--
Julien

* Re: Re: preparation-function syntax for publishing
@ 2009-10-22  8:39   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-22  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Barnier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 22, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Julien Barnier wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I'm trying to use the :preparation-function argument for project
>> publishing. What I'd like to achieve i s to load a file in order to
>> define some styling elements for the export process, something such
>> as :
>>
>> (load "org-style")
>>
>> I tried several different syntaxes, such as :
>>
>> :preparation-function (load "org-style")
>>
>> But I didn't manage to achieve it, whichever syntax I try I get an
>> invalid function error.
>
> Sorry to answer to myself, but I just wanted to mention that I found a
> quick workaround. You can just create a new function :
>
> (defun my-load-org-style () (load "org-style"))
>
> And then use :
>
> :preparation-function my-load-org-style

:preparation-function (lambda () (load "org-style"))

HTH

- Carsten