* Email from org?
@ 2010-07-26 19:13 Ethan Ligon
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ethan Ligon @ 2010-07-26 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Over the last three years my projects and daily workflow have come to
depend more and more on org-mode.  A few months ago I took the step of
composing important email as items in an org-file; the heading became
the subject of the email; replies could then fill in the hierarchy
under the heading (reproducing something like threads).

The problem is that the methods I've used to send the message
composed in org-mode and then to assemble the responses have been
entirely crude and unsatisfactory.  There has to be a better way.  In
fact, given my past experience with org-mode, there probably *is* a
better way and I've simply overlooked it.

Vague ideas that have occurred to me:

 - Sending the email might be something like exporting it to smtp?
 - Could org-protocol be useful for acquiring responses?

Thoughts?
-Ethan