* [Babel] Library calls and begin_example
@ 2010-10-16  2:55 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-10-16  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

I'm working with Eric Fraga's GANTT chart code, posted here
recently.   I'd like to move it into the Library of Babel so I can
call it from any Org-mode buffer.  Here is the (modified) header:

#+source: elispgantt
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttest :results output
latex :exports code

When this code is in the Org-mode buffer, the results are wrapped in
BEGIN_latex ... END_latex, which is just what I want.

When the same code is in the Library of Babel and is called like this:

#+lob: elispgantt(table=gantttest)

the results are wrapped in begin_example ... end_example, which is not
what I want.

How can I get the LOB code to perform like its in-buffer sibling and
wrap the output in BEGIN_latex ... END_latex?

All the best,
Tom

* Re: [Babel] Library calls and begin_example
@ 2010-10-16 14:59 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-10-16 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Tom,

See the "Evaluating code blocks" section of the manual for information
on how to pass header arguments to #+call: lines

http://orgmode.org/manual/Evaluating-code-blocks.html#Evaluating-code-blocks

something like

  #+lob: elispgantt(table=gantttest) :results latex

should work

Cheers -- Eric

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> I'm working with Eric Fraga's GANTT chart code, posted here recently.
> I'd like to move it into the Library of Babel so I can  call it from
> any Org-mode buffer.  Here is the (modified) header:
>
> #+source: elispgantt
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttest :results output latex
> :exports code
>
> When this code is in the Org-mode buffer, the results are wrapped in
> BEGIN_latex ... END_latex, which is just what I want.
>
> When the same code is in the Library of Babel and is called like this:
>
> #+lob: elispgantt(table=gantttest)
>
> the results are wrapped in begin_example ... end_example, which is not
> what I want.
>
> How can I get the LOB code to perform like its in-buffer sibling and
> wrap the output in BEGIN_latex ... END_latex?
>
> All the best,
> Tom

* Re: [Babel] Library calls and begin_example, where may I find the code ?
@ 2010-10-16 17:12 ` Marc-Oliver Ihm
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2010-10-16 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello !

Sorry for bothering but I have not been able to find this code.
Could you please provide a pointer ?

Thanx a lot !

with kind regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm

@ 2010-10-16 19:01   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-10-16 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 08:59:03 -0600, "Eric Schulte" <schulte.eric@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> See the "Evaluating code blocks" section of the manual for information
> on how to pass header arguments to #+call: lines
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Evaluating-code-blocks.html#Evaluating-code-blocks
>
> something like
>
>   #+lob: elispgantt(table=gantttest) :results latex
>
> should work
>
> Cheers -- Eric

I guess the question is why doesn't the function call take the
specified arguments in the definition of the babel code as defaults?
I thought you were merging the parameters?  If the ":results latex"
argument has been specified in the #+begin_src line, why do we need to
repeat it here?

Thanks,
eric

Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D

* Re: Re: [Babel] Library calls and begin_example, where may I find the code ?
@ 2010-10-17 11:30   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-10-17 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc-Oliver Ihm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode