* Working with =src= blocks :results header argument
@ 2010-12-05 20:51 Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2010-12-05 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been looking through the manual to get more familiar with Babel and
using source code in general.  Below is a simple example, which I'm not sure
is working as intended.

#+tblname:
example-table
| 1 | a
|
| 2 | b
|
| 3 | c
|
| 4 | d

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var data=example-table[-3,1] :results value raw

data

#+end_src

Upon =C-c C-c= this produces the expected result:

#+results:

=C-c C-c= /again/, however, results in:

#+results:

In other words, the default results handling of =replace= appears to not
work with a =raw= results type.  I tried explicitly adding the handling via
a =:results value raw replace= header argument but again this didn't seem to
fix things.

Is this what is intended for the =raw= type of results - no replacement
effect at all - or is this a bug?

Chris

* Re: Working with =src= blocks :results header argument
@ 2010-12-05 23:23 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-12-05 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Malone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Chris,

This is the expected behavior for the raw results type.  This is because
there is no way to know where raw results begin or end so it wouldn't be
safe to remove them from the Org-mode file.  Take the following example.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results raw
  "* just another heading
It probably wouldn't be wise to remove this text.
- is it the product of a code block or not?
- how would it be possible to tell programatically?"
#+end_src

Best -- Eric