* Tab/S-Tab cycling behavior: how to include #+begin_src and #+results blocks
@ 2011-01-13 23:22 Leo Alekseyev
From: Leo Alekseyev @ 2011-01-13 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I rely heavily on org-cycling/org-global-cycling to see an outline
view of the document.  It would help if I could use  #+begin_src and
#+results blocks, and possibly some others, in this outline view.
Specifically, I would like to be able to do the following:

(a) When cycling with S-Tab, between "contents" and "show all" I would
like a step where all the #+begin_src and #+results blocks are folded.
 I realize that they start out open and then remember their folding
state; the "remembered" state of these blocks, if it is different from
"all folded" or "all open", could potentially be included as another
step before "show all".
(b) Same when I'm cycling with Tab; I would like to have an option of
showing the subtree with all #+begin_src and #+results blocks folded
before showing the completely unfolded subtree.

Is this possible to implement?..  Let me know!

--Leo

* Re: Tab/S-Tab cycling behavior: how to include #+begin_src and #+results blocks
@ 2011-02-11 12:18 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-11 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Alekseyev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Leo,

Leo Alekseyev <dnquark@gmail.com> writes:

> I rely heavily on org-cycling/org-global-cycling to see an outline
> view of the document.  It would help if I could use  #+begin_src and
> #+results blocks, and possibly some others, in this outline view.
> Specifically, I would like to be able to do the following:
>
> (a) When cycling with S-Tab, between "contents" and "show all" I would
> like a step where all the #+begin_src and #+results blocks are folded.

Not what you're asking for, but this might help:

,----[ org-hide-block-startup ]
| Documentation:
| Non-nil means entering Org-mode will fold all blocks.
| This can also be set in on a per-file basis with
|
| #+STARTUP: hideblocks
| #+STARTUP: showblocks
`----

Also, I think org-cycle should only understand the file structure, not
the content structure - and I guess it's reasonable to consider blocks
are part of the content structure.

HTH,

--
 Bastien