* [feature request] org-post-export-hook
@ 2011-03-04 22:40 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-03-04 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

Would it be trivial to add a post-export hook? If so, it would be
helpful for me.

I've been experimenting with latexmk for document compilation. If I
add `latexmk -CA` (it cleans extraneous files) to the command sequence
for `org-latex-to-pdf-process`, I trigger an annoying notification
that the PDF file wasn't produced, and the *Org Export PDF Output* (or
whatever) buffer is overwritten with this new command's output (not
very interesting).

Perhaps it would be best to have a general `org-post-export-hook` and
specific `org-post-latex-export-hook` and `org-post-html-export-hook`.
It wouldn't make sense to run `latexmk -CA` when producing a webpage,
afterall.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: [feature request] org-post-export-hook
@ 2011-03-04 22:49 ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-03-04 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been experimenting with latexmk for document compilation. If I
> add `latexmk -CA` (it cleans extraneous files) to the command sequence
> for `org-latex-to-pdf-process`, I trigger an annoying notification
> that the PDF file wasn't produced, and the *Org Export PDF Output* (or
> whatever) buffer is overwritten with this new command's output (not
> very interesting).

Oops! Adding the `-CA` flag instead of `-c` wipes out pdf files!
Still, the output log buffer is destroyed, and that's not good for me
(I make many errors when typing up tables, drawing tikz pictures,
etc.).

--

@ 2011-03-04 23:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-04 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> writes:

> Would it be trivial to add a post-export hook? If so, it would be
> helpful for me.
>
> I've been experimenting with latexmk for document compilation. If I
> add `latexmk -CA` (it cleans extraneous files) to the command sequence
> for `org-latex-to-pdf-process`, I trigger an annoying notification
> that the PDF file wasn't produced, and the *Org Export PDF Output* (or
> whatever) buffer is overwritten with this new command's output (not
> very interesting).
>
> Perhaps it would be best to have a general `org-post-export-hook` and
> specific `org-post-latex-export-hook` and `org-post-html-export-hook`.
> It wouldn't make sense to run `latexmk -CA` when producing a webpage,
> afterall.

See org-export-latex-final-hook, org-export-latex-after-save-hook and
sisters.

C-h v org-export-hook TAB TAB to see all of them.

--
 Bastien