* [bug] Inconsistent tag alignment in org-indent-mode
@ 2011-08-25 16:15 Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-08-25 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed the tag alignment produces inconsistent results in
org-indent-mode.  If you type in the header, the normal
(non-indent-mode) indentation is used, and the tags do not appear
aligned.  If you add tags or type "C-c C-c" the tags are aligned
correctly.

Here's an example file:

* Heading                                                                :tag:
** Subheading                                                           :tag:

Here's what happens before and after typing in the heading:
http://imgur.com/a/Ljpw2

I'm using:
Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.201.gcd8d)
GNU Emacs 23.2.1

Great work on org-ident-mode by the way!  I've noticed a bunch of recent
improvements.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: [bug] Inconsistent tag alignment in org-indent-mode
@ 2011-08-25 17:09 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-08-25 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason

This reminds me of a similar problem with tag alignment that I solved
with a patch that did not get any feedback yet. Can you try if this
patch solves your problem too?
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42564

Michael

@ 2011-08-25 21:47   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-25 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Michael and Jason,

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> This reminds me of a similar problem with tag alignment that I solved
> with a patch that did not get any feedback yet. Can you try if this
> patch solves your problem too?
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42564

yes, this fix your case, Michael.  Jason, let me know if this fix yours,
I'll then push the fix.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: [bug] Inconsistent tag alignment in org-indent-mode
@ 2011-08-31 19:49   ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-08-31 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Jason
>
> This reminds me of a similar problem with tag alignment that I solved
> with a patch that did not get any feedback yet. Can you try if this
> patch solves your problem too?
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42564

Hi Michael,

The patch didn't have any effect on my issue with tag alignment in
org-indent-mode.  The tag still becomes misaligned when typing in the
heading.

I don't understand what problem your patch is trying to fix.  Can you
provide a list of steps for me to reproduce it?

When you follow the steps in my original email, do you see that the
problem is fixed with your patch?

@ 2011-08-31 21:38     ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-08-31 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 21:49, Jason Dunsmore <jasondunsmore@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:
>> This reminds me of a similar problem with tag alignment that I solved
>> with a patch that did not get any feedback yet. Can you try if this
>> patch solves your problem too?
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42564
>
> The patch didn't have any effect on my issue with tag alignment in
> org-indent-mode.  The tag still becomes misaligned when typing in the
> heading.

Thanks for checking. Same here.

> I don't understand what problem your patch is trying to fix.  Can you
> provide a list of steps for me to reproduce it?

It happens with org-tags-column set to e. g. 0. With "* section C-c
C-c tag RET" you get one space before ":tag:". After editing "section"
to "item" you will end up with two spaces before ":tag:" instead of
one. "C-c C-c RET" -> again one like expected.

> When you follow the steps in my original email, do you see that the
> problem is fixed with your patch?

No.

Michael