Hi Carsten, Carsten Dominik writes: > please find enclosed a patch which is my proposal for rounding > off this feature. thanks for the clean implementation. There is a small typo: the second (let ...) should be (let* ...), see attached updated patch. > It introduces a variable, applies the check to org-delete-char > and org-delete-backward-char, and removes the (sit-for 1), > and it never moves the cursor. Okay. It also applies the check for `org-self-insert-command'. I like the variable's name. Nitpicking: - (setq org-catch-invisible-edits 'show-and-error) is the same than (setq org-catch-invisible-edits t), right? Can we document this somewhere, so that users know what to expect from setting the variable to t? - From the docstring: "[...] or add in the middle or right after an invisible region" -- I agree inserting while in the middle of the invisible region would feel too unpredictable, but I'd argue that inserting *right after* the invisible region when point is at the end of it feels okay. Nevermind, maybe this request will come up later, I'm fine with your current solution. > I have been unsing it for a day or two, and I like the `smart' > setting of the variable. Even though, I do agree with your > earlier post that the default should be nil. Okay. Please feel free to apply a patch when you want. Thanks!