* org-search-goto.el - full text search to go to locations in your org buffers
@ 2011-12-11  8:52 Tom
From: Tom @ 2011-12-11  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This package is a simple variant of
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-occur-goto.el

The new package uses multi substring matching where the given
substrings can appear in any order in the search results.
So if you search for "dog video" then it matches both

video of some dog

and

dogs chasing cat video

Here it is:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-search-goto.el

* Re: org-search-goto.el - full text search to go to locations in your org buffers
@ 2011-12-11 15:59 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-11 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> writes:

> This package is a simple variant of
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-occur-goto.el
>
> The new package uses multi substring matching where the given
> substrings can appear in any order in the search results.
> So if you search for "dog video" then it matches both

If you find a relevant page for listing this package on Worg,
please let us know -- and maybe provide a patch for Worg.

> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-search-goto.el

I suggest using org- as the prefix of your package: there are
not that many functions and it will help finding your commands
when typing M-x org- TAB ...

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-search-goto.el - full text search to go to locations in your org buffers
@ 2011-12-12  3:13 ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2011-12-12  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Tom,

Hi.

Nice package to achieve fast search! Thank you.

If this package can handle `org-directory' having org files,
or `org-agenda-files', it is more handy.
I currently do this task using `anything-grep-by-name',
but it is not comfortable for me because it does not
open trees including the query text when touching the searching result.

Best regards,
Takaaki Ishikawa
@takaxp

On 2011/12/11, at 17:52, Tom wrote:

> This package is a simple variant of
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-occur-goto.el

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: org-search-goto.el - full text search to go to locations in your org buffers
@ 2011-12-12 14:50   ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2011-12-12 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Takaaki ISHIKAWA <takaxp <at> ieee.org> writes:

> If this package can handle `org-directory' having org files,
> or `org-agenda-files', it is more handy.

org-agenda-files should be no problem, since this package searches in
all opened org buffers, and org opens all agenda files when building
the agenda.

As for org-directory the simplest solution is to have all org files
opened from there and then this tool will search in those too.

Since the invention of iswitchb, ido and similar tools we don't travel
the buffer list sequentialy anymore, so you can have all of your org files
opened in emacs all the time, because it doesn't matter if 5 files are
open or 20.

* Re: org-search-goto.el - full text search to go to locations in your org buffers
@ 2011-12-12 15:48     ` Takaaki ISHIKAWA
From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA @ 2011-12-12 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode