On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 12:37:33 -0600, John Hendy wrote: > What are your settings for #+options: tex:t/nil latex:t/nil ? I tried all combinations of those two options, but it made no difference. I also tried LaTeX:verbatim, but that didn't help either. > -- $nth$ > -- $n^{th}$ > -- $n$ th (note the space) > > How do those work? All of those work fine. It really seems to be the lack of a space afterwards that triggers $ being escaped. > > After some behavior with $ that I didn't like, it was pointed out that > I could use \(math\) as well. Perhaps '\(n\)th' would work for you? That works, thank you! Nevertheless, I'd still be interested if anyone has a way to disable this escaping behavior completely. Cheers, Daniel