* broken link in online docs
@ 2012-04-17 23:06 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2012-04-17 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

<http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables.html#Tables> has a link "(see <a
href="../calc/index.html#Top">Calc</a>)" that yields a 404.

I know patches are preferred, but I don't know to what the link ought
to point, so cannot fix the issue myself.

Best,

Brian vdB

* Re: broken link in online docs
@ 2012-04-18 14:56 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-18 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian van den Broek; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Brian,

Brian van den Broek <brian.van.den.broek@gmail.com> writes:

> <http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables.html#Tables> has a link "(see <a
> href="../calc/index.html#Top">Calc</a>)" that yields a 404.
>
> I know patches are preferred, but I don't know to what the link ought
> to point, so cannot fix the issue myself.

The problem is that the link is correct in the Info version of the
manual and wrong in the HTML version of the manual.  I don't know how
to specify a HTML reference that will be different from the Info one.
Using @uref{} does not help here.

As such cases are rare, I suggest making a redirection from

http://orgmode.org/calc/index.html#Top

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/calc/calc_toc.html

Jason, can you set this up?

--
 Bastien

* Re: broken link in online docs
@ 2012-04-20 22:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-20 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian van den Broek; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Brian van den Broek <brian.van.den.broek@gmail.com> writes:

> <http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables.html#Tables> has a link "(see <a
> href="../calc/index.html#Top">Calc</a>)" that yields a 404.

I finally fixed this by creating a HTML redirection.

 Bastien