* Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-15 21:25 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-15 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have finally managed to compile the latest Emacs 22.3 to test Org
with.  Things aren't looking good, Org already uses lots of functions
that aren't present in that version and it's not just the new exporter
or Babel.  The time might have come to officially de-support Emacs 22.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-15 23:00 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-12-15 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

> I have finally managed to compile the latest Emacs 22.3 to test Org
> with.  Things aren't looking good, Org already uses lots of functions
> that aren't present in that version and it's not just the new exporter
> or Babel.  The time might have come to officially de-support Emacs 22.
>
> Thoughts?

Maybe a show of hands is needed:

How many people are using org with emacs-22?

What version of org are they using?

Why are they still using emacs-22?

The answers would at least give us an idea of the magnitude of the
problem. But declaring emacs-22 unsupported as of some (past) version of
org seems eminently reasonable to me. Adding a recommended course of
action to the FAQ might be the only thing needed (if anything is needed
at all).

Nick

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-16  4:27   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-12-16  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Why are they still using emacs-22?

University students and employees.

Sometimes back I was investigating hosting for personal files.  The site
runs a version of FreeBSD version and had Emacs 22 on their servers.
When I requested that they upgrade their Emacs to 23 or 24 they refused
citing some reason why they /had/ to downgrade.

It has something to do with their site architecture not supporting
/dev/tty in their ssh environment.  Apparently some changes in Emacs 23
- may be Emacs server (or is it the emacsclient?) - that relies on use
of /dev/tty.  In short, external constraints.

Also XEmacs seem to be lagging behind severely.  See this recent thread:
http://list-archive.xemacs.org/pipermail/xemacs-beta/2012-September/023201.html

I am wondering what makes people continue using their XEmacses.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-16  7:18     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-16  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jambunathan K writes:
> Also XEmacs seem to be lagging behind severely.  See this recent thread:
> http://list-archive.xemacs.org/pipermail/xemacs-beta/2012-September/023201.html

I wouldn't mind looking at some of these, but XEmacs does not have ert
or any useable replacement for ert that I know of.  The next road-bump
for XEmacs will be the move from cl to cl-lib and lexicals, so I fear it
may be on the same trajectory as Emacs 22.

> I am wondering what makes people continue using their XEmacses.

Let's not go there… I have been using XEmacs for some years (way in the
past) and then switched back to GNU Emacs, so I know first hand how hard
it is to abandon all these little customizations collected.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-18 15:22     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-18 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Achim Gratz, Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

I think a reasonable expectation is to be fully compatible with
the last two major versions of GNU Emacs (23 and 24).  For Emacs
22 and XEmacs, if we have people using these Emacsen, maybe they
can help?

I'm reluctant to drop support for Emacs 22/XEmacs as it would
block those volunteers.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-18 17:44       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-18 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> I think a reasonable expectation is to be fully compatible with
> the last two major versions of GNU Emacs (23 and 24).

It would help if I managed to get Emacs 23 to compile Org… but since
some people on the list are still using Emacs23 and they don't report
problems I'm assuming it's rather something in my build ATM, although
I've built Emacs 23 with the same parameters before (just a different
compiler).

>  For Emacs 22 and XEmacs, if we have people using these Emacsen, maybe
> they can help?

Emacs 22 is already broken in non-trivial ways AFAICS and the question
is if its worth the effort to unbreak it.  There are some things I've
looked at (like macro expansion inside a macro, as it is used in
org-odt) that should work, but apparently don't.  I have no idea if the
byte-code that is generated has a chance of working, but it looks quite
strange.  UTF-8 support is another sore point that currently shoots down
startup of the test suite if I interpret the error messages correctly.

I'm not sure which is the last version that fully works with Emacs 22,
even to find that out would take quite some time.

> I'm reluctant to drop support for Emacs 22/XEmacs as it would
> block those volunteers.

I have somewhat more hope for XEmacs, although many of the newer
additions to Org would need to be reviewed for compatibility problems.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-18 22:10         ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-12-18 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Achim,

I have emacs 22 installed on one system.

,----[/usr/bin/emacs --version]
| GNU Emacs 22.3.1
| Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
| GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
| You may redistribute copies of Emacs
| under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
| For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
`----

I just tried building. it was successful although there are lot of warnings.

build logs are attached in case if you are interested to look into.

$ make 1> make.log 2>error.log

[-- Attachment #2: make.log --]

make -C doc clean;  make -C lisp clean;
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/doc'
rm -f org *.pdf *.html *_letter.tex org-version.inc \
	      *.aux *.cp *.cps *.dvi *.fn *.fns *.ky *.kys *.pg *.pgs \
	      *.toc *.tp *.tps *.vr *.vrs *.log *.html *.ps
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/doc'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp'
rm -f org-version.el org-loaddefs.el org-version.elc org-loaddefs.elc org-install.elc
rm -f *.elc
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp'
make -C lisp compile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp'
rm -f org-version.el org-loaddefs.el org-version.elc org-loaddefs.elc org-install.elc
org-version: 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-741-g709bf9)
org-loaddefs: 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-741-g709bf9)
make compile-dirall
==================== dirall ====================
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp'
make -C doc info
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/doc'
org-version: 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-741-g709bf9)
makeinfo --no-split org.texi -o org
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/doc'

[-- Attachment #3: error.log --]

Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-version.el
Generating autoloads for ob-C.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-C.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-R.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-R.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-asymptote.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-asymptote.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-awk.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-awk.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-calc.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-calc.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-clojure.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-clojure.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-comint.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-comint.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-core.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-core.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-css.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-css.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-ditaa.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-ditaa.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-dot.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-dot.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-emacs-lisp.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-emacs-lisp.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-eval.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-eval.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-exp.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-exp.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-fortran.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-fortran.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-gnuplot.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-gnuplot.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-haskell.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-haskell.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-io.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-io.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-java.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-java.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-js.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-js.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-keys.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-keys.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-latex.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-latex.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-ledger.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-ledger.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-lilypond.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-lilypond.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-lisp.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-lisp.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-lob.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-lob.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-makefile.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-makefile.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-matlab.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-matlab.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-maxima.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-maxima.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-mscgen.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-mscgen.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-ocaml.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-ocaml.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-octave.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-octave.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-org.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-org.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-perl.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-perl.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-picolisp.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-picolisp.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-plantuml.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-plantuml.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-python.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-python.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-ref.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-ref.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-ruby.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-ruby.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-sass.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-sass.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-scala.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-scala.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-scheme.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-scheme.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-screen.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-screen.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-sh.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-sh.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-shen.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-shen.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-sql.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-sql.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-sqlite.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-sqlite.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-table.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-table.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob-tangle.el...
Generating autoloads for ob-tangle.el...done
Generating autoloads for ob.el...
Generating autoloads for ob.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-agenda.el...
Generating autoloads for org-agenda.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-archive.el...
Generating autoloads for org-archive.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-ascii.el...
Generating autoloads for org-ascii.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-attach.el...
Generating autoloads for org-attach.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-bbdb.el...
Generating autoloads for org-bbdb.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-beamer.el...
Generating autoloads for org-beamer.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-bibtex.el...
Generating autoloads for org-bibtex.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-capture.el...
Generating autoloads for org-capture.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-clock.el...
Generating autoloads for org-clock.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-colview-xemacs.el...
Generating autoloads for org-colview-xemacs.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-colview.el...
Generating autoloads for org-colview.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-compat.el...
Generating autoloads for org-compat.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-crypt.el...
Generating autoloads for org-crypt.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-ctags.el...
Generating autoloads for org-ctags.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-datetree.el...
Generating autoloads for org-datetree.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-docbook.el...
Generating autoloads for org-docbook.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-docview.el...
Generating autoloads for org-docview.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-element.el...
Generating autoloads for org-element.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-entities.el...
Generating autoloads for org-entities.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-eshell.el...
Generating autoloads for org-eshell.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-exp.el...
Generating autoloads for org-exp.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-faces.el...
Generating autoloads for org-faces.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-feed.el...
Generating autoloads for org-feed.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-footnote.el...
Generating autoloads for org-footnote.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-freemind.el...
Generating autoloads for org-freemind.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-gnus.el...
Generating autoloads for org-gnus.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-habit.el...
Generating autoloads for org-habit.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-html.el...
Generating autoloads for org-html.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-icalendar.el...
Generating autoloads for org-icalendar.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-id.el...
Generating autoloads for org-id.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-indent.el...
Generating autoloads for org-indent.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-info.el...
Generating autoloads for org-info.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-inlinetask.el...
Generating autoloads for org-inlinetask.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-install.el...
Generating autoloads for org-install.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-irc.el...
Generating autoloads for org-irc.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-jsinfo.el...
Generating autoloads for org-jsinfo.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-latex.el...
Generating autoloads for org-latex.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-list.el...
Generating autoloads for org-list.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-lparse.el...
Generating autoloads for org-lparse.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-mac-message.el...
Generating autoloads for org-mac-message.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-macs.el...
Generating autoloads for org-macs.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-mew.el...
Generating autoloads for org-mew.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-mhe.el...
Generating autoloads for org-mhe.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-mks.el...
Generating autoloads for org-mks.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-mobile.el...
Generating autoloads for org-mobile.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-mouse.el...
Generating autoloads for org-mouse.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-odt.el...
Generating autoloads for org-odt.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-pcomplete.el...
Generating autoloads for org-pcomplete.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-plot.el...
Generating autoloads for org-plot.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-protocol.el...
Generating autoloads for org-protocol.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-publish.el...
Generating autoloads for org-publish.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-remember.el...
Generating autoloads for org-remember.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-rmail.el...
Generating autoloads for org-rmail.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-special-blocks.el...
Generating autoloads for org-special-blocks.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-src.el...
Generating autoloads for org-src.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-table.el...
Generating autoloads for org-table.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-taskjuggler.el...
Generating autoloads for org-taskjuggler.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-timer.el...
Generating autoloads for org-timer.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-version.el...
Generating autoloads for org-version.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-vm.el...
Generating autoloads for org-vm.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-w3m.el...
Generating autoloads for org-w3m.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-wl.el...
Generating autoloads for org-wl.el...done
Generating autoloads for org-xoxo.el...
Generating autoloads for org-xoxo.el...done
Generating autoloads for org.el...
Generating autoloads for org.el...done
Saving file /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs.el
Checking /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp...
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-C.el...

In end of data:
ob-C.el:195:1:Warning: the function `org-entry-get' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-C.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-R.el...

In end of data:
ob-R.el:371:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    org-remove-if-not, orgtbl-to-tsv, R, ess-make-buffer-current,
    ess-eval-buffer, inferior-ess-send-input
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-R.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk.el...

In end of data:
ob-awk.el:115:1:Warning: the function `orgtbl-to-generic' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc.el...

In end of data:
ob-calc.el:108:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    calc-store-into, calc-recall, math-evaluate-expr
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure.el...

In end of data:
ob-clojure.el:96:1:Warning: the function `slime-eval' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint.el...

In end of data:
ob-comint.el:167:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: face-at-point, with-parsed-tramp-file-name,
    tramp-flush-directory-property
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-core.el...

In end of data:
ob-core.el:2632:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: with-help-window, help-buffer, org-remove-if,
    org-icompleting-read, org-completing-read, org-open-at-point,
    org-outline-overlay-data, org-set-outline-overlay-data,
    org-narrow-to-subtree, org-entry-get, org-do-remove-indentation,
    org-reduce, org-mark-ring-push, org-show-context, org-current-level,
    org-at-table-p, org-at-item-p, org-table-to-lisp, org-list-parse-list,
    orgtbl-to-generic, org-list-to-generic, orgtbl-to-orgtbl, org-table-align,
    org-table-end, org-list-struct, org-list-prevs-alist,
    org-list-get-list-end, org-uniquify, org-table-import,
    tramp-compat-make-temp-file, with-parsed-tramp-file-name
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-core.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-css.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-css.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval.el...

In end of data:
ob-eval.el:262:1:Warning: the function `read-shell-command' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp.el...

In end of data:
ob-exp.el:420:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    org-heading-components, org-link-search, org-element-context,
    org-element-type, org-element-property, org-fill-template,
    org-element-at-point, org-get-indentation, org-split-string,
    org-in-verbatim-emphasis, org-in-block-p, org-between-regexps-p
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran.el...

In end of data:
ob-fortran.el:162:1:Warning: the function `org-entry-get' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot.el...

In end of data:
ob-gnuplot.el:235:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: gnuplot-mode, gnuplot-send-buffer-to-gnuplot,
    gnuplot-send-string-to-gnuplot, org-time-string-to-time,
    orgtbl-to-generic, org-combine-plists
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell.el...

In end of data:
ob-haskell.el:219:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: run-haskell, haskell-mode, inferior-haskell-load-file,
    org-remove-indentation
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-io.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-io.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-java.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-java.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-js.el...

In end of data:
ob-js.el:161:1:Warning: the function `run-mozilla' is not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-js.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex.el...

In end of data:
ob-latex.el:201:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-create-formula-image, org-splice-latex-header,
    org-export-latex-fix-inputenc
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp.el...

In end of data:
ob-lisp.el:109:1:Warning: the function `slime-eval' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml.el...

In end of data:
ob-ocaml.el:144:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: tuareg-interactive-send-input, tuareg-run-caml
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave.el...

In end of data:
ob-octave.el:280:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: matlab-shell, matlab-shell-run-region
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-org.el...

In end of data:
ob-org.el:71:1:Warning: the function `org-export-string' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-org.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp.el...

In end of data:
ob-picolisp.el:189:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: string-match-p, run-picolisp
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-python.el...

In end of data:
ob-python.el:308:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: py-toggle-shells, py-shell, org-remove-indentation
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-python.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref.el...

In end of data:
ob-ref.el:267:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    org-id-find-id-file, org-id-find-id-in-file, org-show-context,
    org-narrow-to-subtree, org-count, org-at-table-p, org-at-item-p
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby.el...

In end of data:
ob-ruby.el:243:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    xmp, run-ruby
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh.el...

In end of data:
ob-sh.el:212:1:Warning: the function `orgtbl-to-generic' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql.el...

In end of data:
ob-sql.el:167:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    org-table-import, org-table-to-lisp, orgtbl-to-csv
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite.el...

In end of data:
ob-sqlite.el:164:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-fill-template, org-table-convert-region, org-table-to-lisp,
    orgtbl-to-csv
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-table.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-table.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle.el...

In end of data:
ob-tangle.el:525:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-fill-template, org-heading-components, org-back-to-heading,
    org-link-escape, org-open-link-from-string
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/ob.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda.el...

In org-agenda-write:
org-agenda.el:3214:27:Warning: called-interactively-p called with 1 argument,
    but accepts only 0

In org-diary:
org-agenda.el:5101:26:Warning: reference to free variable `entry'
org-agenda.el:5116:57:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-agenda-get-timestamps:
org-agenda.el:5381:41:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-agenda-get-sexps:
org-agenda.el:5485:60:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-class:
org-agenda.el:5559:31:Warning: reference to free variable `date'
org-agenda.el:5566:6:Warning: reference to free variable `entry'

In org-agenda-get-progress:
org-agenda.el:5620:48:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-agenda-get-deadlines:
org-agenda.el:5818:37:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-agenda-get-scheduled:
org-agenda.el:5947:37:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-agenda-get-blocks:
org-agenda.el:6129:34:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In end of data:
org-agenda.el:9556:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-habit-insert-consistency-graphs, org-is-habit-p,
    calendar-check-holidays, calendar-iso-from-absolute, org-habit-parse-todo,
    org-habit-get-priority, org-columns-quit, calendar-absolute-from-iso
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-archive.el...

In end of data:
org-archive.el:548:1:Warning: the function `org-inlinetask-remove-END-maybe'
    is not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-archive.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-attach.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-attach.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb.el...

In org-bbdb-anniversaries:
org-bbdb.el:353:18:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In end of data:
org-bbdb.el:441:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: bbdb-current-record, bbdb-record-name, bbdb-record-get-field,
    bbdb-name, bbdb-company, bbdb, bbdb-search-name, bbdb-search-organization,
    bbdb-string-trim, bbdb-records, bbdb-record-getprop, bbdb-record-note,
    bbdb-split, diary-ordinal-suffix, bbdb-completing-read-record
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-beamer.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-beamer.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-capture.el...

In end of data:
org-capture.el:1706:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-encrypt-entry, org-at-encrypted-entry-p, org-decrypt-entry,
    org-table-get-specials, org-table-goto-line, with-demoted-errors
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-capture.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-clock.el...

In end of data:
org-clock.el:2831:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: make-glyph, calendar-absolute-from-iso
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-clock.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-colview-xemacs.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-colview-xemacs.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-colview.el...

In end of data:
org-colview.el:1578:1:Warning: the function `org-clock-sum-today' is not known
    to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-colview.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-compat.el...

In org-indent-to-column:
org-compat.el:301:41:Warning: `indent-to-column' called with 3 args, but
    requires 1-2

In end of data:
org-compat.el:471:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: add-local-hook, w32-focus-frame
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-compat.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt.el...

In end of data:
org-crypt.el:274:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: epg-make-context, epg-encrypt-string, epg-list-keys,
    epg-decrypt-string
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook.el...

In end of data:
org-docbook.el:1459:1:Warning: the function `nxml-mode' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-docview.el...

In end of data:
org-docview.el:91:1:Warning: the function `image-mode-window-get' is not known
    to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-docview.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-element.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-element.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-entities.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-entities.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-exp.el...

In end of data:
org-exp.el:3361:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-inlinetask-remove-END-maybe, org-table-cookie-line-p,
    htmlize-buffer, org-infojs-options-inbuffer-template,
    org-table-colgroup-line-p
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-exp.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-faces.el...

In toplevel form:
org-faces.el:535:1:Warning: defface for `org-block-background' fails to
    specify containing group
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-faces.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-feed.el...

In end of data:
org-feed.el:703:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-capture-escaped-%, org-capture-inside-embedded-elisp-p,
    org-capture-expand-embedded-elisp, xml-substitute-special,
    xml-node-children, xml-get-children, xml-get-attribute,
    xml-get-attribute-or-nil
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-feed.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus.el...

In end of data:
org-gnus.el:302:1:Warning: the function `nnimap-group-overview-filename' is
    not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-habit.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-habit.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-html.el...

In end of data:
org-html.el:2757:1:Warning: the function `htmlize-region' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-html.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar.el...

In end of data:
org-icalendar.el:692:1:Warning: the function `org-bbdb-anniv-export-ical' is
    not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-id.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-id.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-indent.el...

In end of data:
org-indent.el:439:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-inlinetask-in-task-p, org-inlinetask-get-task-level
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-indent.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-info.el...

In end of data:
org-info.el:80:1:Warning: the function `Info-find-node' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-info.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-install.el...
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-irc.el...

In end of data:
org-irc.el:260:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    erc-current-logfile, erc-prompt, erc-default-target, erc-channel-p,
    erc-buffer-filter, erc-server-buffer, erc-get-server-nickname-list,
    erc-cmd-JOIN
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-irc.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-latex.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-latex.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-list.el...

In end of data:
org-list.el:3301:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-inlinetask-outline-regexp, org-inlinetask-goto-beginning,
    org-inlinetask-goto-end, org-timer-hms-to-secs
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-list.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs.el...
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-lparse.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-lparse.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message.el...

In end of data:
org-mac-message.el:217:1:Warning: the function `do-applescript' is not known
    to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-macs.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-macs.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mew.el...

In end of data:
org-mew.el:137:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    mew-summary-message-number2, mew-summary-get-mark, mew-case-folder,
    mew-sinfo-get-case, mew-refile-get, mew-summary-folder-name,
    mew-cache-hit, mew-header-get-value, mew-window-push, mew-init,
    mew-summary-visit-folder, mew-summary-pick-with-mewl,
    mew-summary-search-msg, mew-summary-display
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mew.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe.el...

In end of data:
org-mhe.el:228:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    mh-index-previous-folder, mh-get-msg-num, mh-show-buffer-message-number,
    mh-display-msg, mh-header-display, mh-show-header-display,
    mh-get-header-field, mh-show, mh-show-show, mh-find-path, mh-visit-folder,
    mh-normalize-folder-name, mh-search-choose, mh-search, mh-show-msg
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mks.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mks.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-odt.el...

In org-export-as-odt-and-open:
org-odt.el:464:4:Warning: `(quit error)' is a malformed function
org-odt.el:464:4:Warning: delete-directory called with 2 arguments, but
    accepts only 1
org-odt.el:464:4:Warning: reference to free variable `err'

In org-export-as-odt:
org-odt.el:497:4:Warning: `(quit error)' is a malformed function
org-odt.el:497:4:Warning: delete-directory called with 2 arguments, but
    accepts only 1
org-odt.el:497:4:Warning: reference to free variable `err'

In org-export-as-odf:
org-odt.el:2823:33:Warning: `(quit error)' is a malformed function
org-odt.el:2820:26:Warning: delete-directory called with 2 arguments, but
    accepts only 1
org-odt.el:2820:26:Warning: reference to free variable `err'

In end of data:
org-odt.el:2855:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: hfy-face-to-style, hfy-face-or-def-to-name, archive-zip-extract
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-odt.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-plot.el...

In end of data:
org-plot.el:359:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: gnuplot-delchar-or-maybe-eof, gnuplot-mode,
    gnuplot-send-buffer-to-gnuplot
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-plot.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol.el...

In end of data:
org-protocol.el:653:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: server-edit, org-publish-get-project-from-filename
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-publish.el...

In end of data:
org-publish.el:1205:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: org-publish-delete-dups, string-match-p, find-lisp-find-files
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-publish.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-remember.el...

In org-remember-apply-template:
org-remember.el:401:11:Warning: reference to free variable `initial'
org-remember.el:430:37:Warning: assignment to free variable `initial'

In end of data:
org-remember.el:1157:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: remember-finalize, remember-buffer-desc, remember, remember-mode
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-remember.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail.el...

In end of data:
org-rmail.el:122:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: rmail-toggle-header, rmail-widen, rmail-what-message
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-special-blocks.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-special-blocks.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-src.el...

In org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer:
org-src.el:761:26:Warning: `make-variable-buffer-local' should be called at
    toplevel
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-src.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-table.el...

In org-table-edit-field:
org-table.el:1918:13:Warning: assignment to free variable `word-wrap'

In end of data:
org-table.el:4921:1:Warning: the function `aa2u' is not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-table.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-taskjuggler.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-taskjuggler.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-timer.el...

In end of data:
org-timer.el:450:1:Warning: the function `timer--time' is not known to be
    defined.
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-timer.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-version.el...
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-vm.el...

In end of data:
org-vm.el:181:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    vm-select-folder-buffer, vm-summarize, vm-follow-summary-cursor,
    vm-su-subject, vm-get-header-contents, vm-su-message-id, vm-imap-folder-p,
    vm-imap-find-spec-for-buffer, vm-imap-folder-for-spec,
    vm-imap-parse-spec-to-list, vm-imap-spec-for-account, vm-isearch-update,
    vm-isearch-narrow, vm-preview-current-message
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-vm.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-wl.el...

In end of data:
org-wl.el:317:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    elmo-message-entity-field, wl-folder-get-entity-from-buffer,
    wl-folder-get-petname, wl-folder-buffer-group-p,
    wl-summary-message-number, wl-summary-registered-temp-mark,
    elmo-msgdb-overview-get-entity, wl-summary-buffer-msgdb, wl,
    elmo-folder-exists-p, wl-folder-goto-folder-subr,
    wl-summary-jump-to-msg-by-message-id, wl-summary-jump-to-msg,
    wl-summary-redisplay
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-wl.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo.el...
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo.elc
Compiling /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org.el...

In org-find-invisible-foreground:
org.el:5136:53:Warning: reference to free variable
    `window-system-default-frame-alist'

In org-store-link:
org.el:8982:23:Warning: `org-link-to-org-use-id' is an obsolete variable (as
    of Emacs 24.3); use `org-id-link-to-org-use-id' instead.
org.el:8984:32:Warning: `org-link-to-org-use-id' is an obsolete variable (as
    of Emacs 24.3); use `org-id-link-to-org-use-id' instead.
org.el:8985:37:Warning: `org-link-to-org-use-id' is an obsolete variable (as
    of Emacs 24.3); use `org-id-link-to-org-use-id' instead.
org.el:8988:24:Warning: `org-link-to-org-use-id' is an obsolete variable (as
    of Emacs 24.3); use `org-id-link-to-org-use-id' instead.

In org-refile-get-targets:
org.el:10722:20:Warning: assignment to free variable `entry'
org.el:10723:26:Warning: reference to free variable `entry'

In org-insert-drawer:
org.el:14968:4:Warning: attempt to open-code `anonymous lambda' with too many
    arguments
org.el:15010:16:Warning: attempt to open-code `anonymous lambda' with too many
    arguments

In org-time-string-to-absolute:
org.el:16285:53:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-calendar-holiday:
org.el:16328:69:Warning: reference to free variable `date'

In org-create-math-formula:
org.el:17681:42:Warning: kill-buffer called with 0 arguments, but requires 1

In end of data:
org.el:22802:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    table--at-cell-p, org-inlinetask-at-task-p,
    org-inlinetask-toggle-visibility,
    org-clock-save-markers-for-cut-and-paste, dired-get-filename,
    iswitchb-read-buffer, org-attach-reveal, with-demoted-errors,
    org-inlinetask-remove-END-maybe, org-clock-get-last-clock-out-time,
    org-clock-sum-current-item, calendar-absolute-from-iso,
    calendar-iso-from-absolute, org-at-clock-log-p, cdlatex-compute-tables,
    cdlatex-tab, face-at-point, org-export-latex-fix-inputenc,
    org-clock-timestamps-up, org-clock-timestamps-down,
    org-inlinetask-in-task-p, org-inlinetask-outline-regexp,
    org-inlinetask-goto-beginning, beginning-of-visual-line,
    speedbar-line-directory
Wrote /home/yagnesh/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/lisp/org.elc
Done (Total of 112 files compiled, 3 skipped)

On 12月 19 2012, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

> Bastien writes:
>> I think a reasonable expectation is to be fully compatible with
>> the last two major versions of GNU Emacs (23 and 24).
>
> It would help if I managed to get Emacs 23 to compile Org… but since
> some people on the list are still using Emacs23 and they don't report
> problems I'm assuming it's rather something in my build ATM, although
> I've built Emacs 23 with the same parameters before (just a different
> compiler).
>
>>  For Emacs 22 and XEmacs, if we have people using these Emacsen, maybe
>> they can help?
>
> Emacs 22 is already broken in non-trivial ways AFAICS and the question
> is if its worth the effort to unbreak it.  There are some things I've
> looked at (like macro expansion inside a macro, as it is used in
> org-odt) that should work, but apparently don't.  I have no idea if the
> byte-code that is generated has a chance of working, but it looks quite
> strange.  UTF-8 support is another sore point that currently shoots down
> startup of the test suite if I interpret the error messages correctly.
>
> I'm not sure which is the last version that fully works with Emacs 22,
> even to find that out would take quite some time.
>
>> I'm reluctant to drop support for Emacs 22/XEmacs as it would
>> block those volunteers.
>
> I have somewhat more hope for XEmacs, although many of the newer
> additions to Org would need to be reviewed for compatibility problems.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-18 23:29           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-18 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Hi Yagnesh,

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi@yagnesh.org> writes:

> I just tried building. it was successful although there are lot of
> warnings.

Good to know it builds fine, even with all those warnings.

Are you using this version?  If so, would you be willing to
report compatibility problems that may happen?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19  6:46             ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-12-19  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Hello Bastien,

On 12月 19 2012, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi Yagnesh,
>
> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi@yagnesh.org> writes:
>
>> I just tried building. it was successful although there are lot of
>> warnings.
>
> Good to know it builds fine, even with all those warnings.
>
> Are you using this version?

No, I don't use version.

>If so, would you be willing to
> report compatibility problems that may happen?

Since I don't use that version, I am afraid I can not assure.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19  9:21             ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-19  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
>> I just tried building. it was successful although there are lot of
>> warnings.
>
> Good to know it builds fine, even with all those warnings.

That's a definition of "builds fine" that I wasn't previously aware of.

As to the question "does it run", yes — sort of.  You'll get a bunch of
warning messages each time you open an Org document and I wouldn't trust
it to handle any real data.  But that's only a very superficial look
I've had and I certainly didn't use any advance functionality in Org.

As I said, I've already looked into some of these errors and there are
several affecting core functionality.

I've been ignoring when some packages are entirely missing in Emacs 22
(like VM and wanderlust) and assumed that the associated functionality
was unlikely to be used from it.  If this is expected to be normal
however, then we should check for the existence of these packages and
conditionalize on the result.

There is another bunch of warnings that is triggered by the fact that
declare-function is doing nothing in Emacs 22.  This is used extensively
in the new exporter to avoid circular requires, but there seem to be a
few places where a require or an autoload should have been used instead.

Then comes a longish list of variables and functions that Emacs 22
doesn't yet have (window-system-default-frame-alist) or have a different
signature (like using delete-directory with more than one argument or
kill-buffer with none).  Also things like the use of internal or
undocumented variables and functions (e.g. timer--time) that should be
fixed anyway.

The seemingly most serious I've found is that using a defaliased special
form (org-condition-case-unless-debug) inside a macro doesn't seem to be
recognized by the byte compiler and it tries to compile a symbol list as
a function call.  Short of yanking out the defalias and replacing with
condition-case, nothing seems to work (maybe another macro expansion
too, haven't had time for this yet).

If  I fix things enough so that the test suite will run I'll get this:

Ran 401 tests, 388 results as expected, 13 unexpected
3 expected failures

13 unexpected results:
   FAILED  ob-exp/evaluate-all-executables-in-order
   FAILED  ob-exp/export-call-line-information
   FAILED  ob-exp/exports-both
   FAILED  ob-exp/exports-inline
   FAILED  ob-exp/mixed-blocks-with-exports-both
   FAILED  ob-exp/noweb-no-export-and-exports-both
   FAILED  ob-exp/noweb-on-export
   FAILED  ob-exp/noweb-on-export-with-exports-results
   FAILED  test-org-element/headline-comment-keyword
   FAILED  test-org-element/headline-interpreter
   FAILED  test-org/beginning-of-line
   FAILED  test-org/comment-dwim
   FAILED  test-org/end-of-line

While this doesn't look so bad on first sight, it will still require a
significant effort to fix and we know that the test suite coverage is
nowhere near complete.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19  9:41               ` Bastien
                                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-19  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> That's a definition of "builds fine" that I wasn't previously aware of.

My definition of "building fine" is that the build process does not
break and that it produces the target files.  Warnings are not errors
in the process of building, they are pointers to potential problems in
the code that has been built.

> As I said, I've already looked into some of these errors and there are
> several affecting core functionality.

If you or anyone can fix those error, please have a go.

> There is another bunch of warnings that is triggered by the fact that
> declare-function is doing nothing in Emacs 22.  This is used extensively
> in the new exporter to avoid circular requires, but there seem to be a
> few places where a require or an autoload should have been used instead.

Yes, I want to clean this up a bit for 8.0.

> If  I fix things enough so that the test suite will run I'll get this:
>
> Ran 401 tests, 388 results as expected, 13 unexpected
> 3 expected failures

Well, It's not that bad :)

> 13 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  ob-exp/evaluate-all-executables-in-order
>    FAILED  ob-exp/export-call-line-information
>    FAILED  ob-exp/exports-both
>    FAILED  ob-exp/exports-inline
>    FAILED  ob-exp/mixed-blocks-with-exports-both
>    FAILED  ob-exp/noweb-no-export-and-exports-both
>    FAILED  ob-exp/noweb-on-export
>    FAILED  ob-exp/noweb-on-export-with-exports-results

So, this is mostly babel.

>    FAILED  test-org-element/headline-comment-keyword
>    FAILED  test-org-element/headline-interpreter
>    FAILED  test-org/beginning-of-line
>    FAILED  test-org/comment-dwim
>    FAILED  test-org/end-of-line

None of the above really counts as "core feature" for me.

> While this doesn't look so bad on first sight, it will still require a
> significant effort to fix and we know that the test suite coverage is
> nowhere near complete.

Yes, agreed.

My time will first go to actual bugs with Emacs 23/24 reported by users,
then to actual bugs in Emacs 22 reported by the users, then to potential
bugs in Emacs 24/23, then to potential bugs in Emacs 22... meaning that
there is little chance for me to work on potential bugs with Emacs 22
(or to review patches for this very quickly.)

 Bastien

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19  9:42               ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-19  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Hi Yagnesh,

thanks for replying.

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi@yagnesh.org> writes:

> Since I don't use that version, I am afraid I can not assure.

No problem.  Let's wait for a real Emacs 22 user to come up and
complain if he dares!  :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19 10:18                 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-19 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> If you or anyone can fix those error, please have a go.

I've pushed 9a71174348 for org-find-invisible-foreground, which at least
lets the test suite run.

BTW, I don't quite understand the logic of that function.  It seems that

(face-background 'default nil 'default)

would be all that is needed in GNU Emacs to avoid getting
"unspecified-bg" back from that function.  Once that function always
returns a color specification, the values further down the list would
not even be considered, so I'm not sure why these are produced in the
first place?

For XEmacs, we don't even get a string back, so only the result of

(face-background 'default)

is ever used.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19 18:54                 ` Achim Gratz
                                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-19 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> If you or anyone can fix those error, please have a go.

Here is another one that may need further work.  The byte-compiler of
Emacs 22 does not seem to handle defaliased special forms correctly when
expanding macros.  This can be circumvented with a defmacro, but then
the decision becomes compile-time rather than load time (one could make
it run-time by quoteing more broadly).  For the current uses this should
be OK.  Also, ODT export now compiles correctly, but still doesn't work
in Emacs 22 since delete-directory doesn't have a second argument
(recursive delete) in Emacs 22.  This would need to be worked around or
at least the error caught.

[-- Attachment #2: 0001-Backwards-compatibility-don-t-defalias-special-forms.patch --]

From e459dde441932d95d157648519fc2768262fd1e8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@Stromeko.DE>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:35:19 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Backwards compatibility: don't defalias special forms

* lisp/org-compat.el (org-condition-case-unless-debug): Do not use
  defalias for special forms, the Emacs 22 byte-compiler does not
  recognize them correctly when compiling macros.  Use a macro instead
  and rely on macro expansion.  That however makes the decision at
  compile time, which should be acceptable in this case since it only
  affects debugging.
---
 lisp/org-compat.el | 9 +++++----

diff --git a/lisp/org-compat.el b/lisp/org-compat.el
index 1f330b1..292a777 100644
--- a/lisp/org-compat.el
+++ b/lisp/org-compat.el
@@ -438,12 +438,13 @@ (defun org-pop-to-buffer-same-window

 ;; `condition-case-unless-debug' has been introduced in Emacs 24.1
 ;; `condition-case-no-debug' has been introduced in Emacs 23.1
-(defalias 'org-condition-case-unless-debug
+(defmacro org-condition-case-unless-debug (var bodyform &rest handlers)
+  (declare (debug condition-case) (indent 2))
   (or (and (fboundp 'condition-case-unless-debug)
-	   'condition-case-unless-debug)
+	   `(condition-case-unless-debug ,var ,bodyform ,@handlers))
       (and (fboundp 'condition-case-no-debug)
-	   'condition-case-no-debug)
-      'condition-case))
+	   `(condition-case-no-debug ,var ,bodyform ,@handlers))
+      `(condition-case ,var ,bodyform ,@handlers)))

 ;;;###autoload
 (defmacro org-check-version ()
--
1.8.0.1

With all fixes in, Emacs 24 can run the tests for an the Org compiled by
Emacs 22 now with just one error remaining, on master this is:

Test ob-exp/mixed-blocks-with-exports-both condition:
    (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
   FAILED   19/403  ob-exp/mixed-blocks-with-exports-both

and this one on maint:

Test test-org-src/blank-line-block condition:
    (error "No special environment to edit here")
   FAILED  346/378  test-org-src/blank-line-block

One of the 13 errors when Emacs 22 runs the testsuite itself is due to
an unconditional use of visual-line-mode, which Emacs 22 does not have.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19 19:02                 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-19 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
>>    FAILED  test-org-element/headline-comment-keyword
>>    FAILED  test-org-element/headline-interpreter
>>    FAILED  test-org/beginning-of-line
>>    FAILED  test-org/comment-dwim
>>    FAILED  test-org/end-of-line
>
> None of the above really counts as "core feature" for me.

Don't tell Nicolas that org-element is not a core feature...
:-)

beginning-of-line/end-of-line tests should be fixable, at least EOL
fails from trying to set visual-line-mode.  Haven't looked at the
others.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19 19:13                   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-12-19 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> For the current uses this should be OK.  Also, ODT export now compiles
> correctly, but still doesn't work in Emacs 22 since delete-directory
> doesn't have a second argument (recursive delete) in Emacs 22.

See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-08/msg01056.html

We need to move that fix to compatibility and have babel and ODT use it

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19 19:13                   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-19 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz writes:
> With all fixes in, Emacs 24 can run the tests for an the Org compiled by
> Emacs 22 now with just one error remaining, on master this is:
>
> Test ob-exp/mixed-blocks-with-exports-both condition:
>     (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
>    FAILED   19/403  ob-exp/mixed-blocks-with-exports-both

This test actually fails the same way when compiled with Emacs 24 and
without that fix, so this must be some other recent change.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-19 19:20                     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-19 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jambunathan K writes:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-08/msg01056.html
>
> We need to move that fix to compatibility and have babel and ODT use it

I guess that would circumvent the crash, but a proper compatibility fix
should actually do the recursion, I'd think.  In the case of Babel it
actually might be a remote directory.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-24 12:52                     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-24 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim and Jambunathan,

> See
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-08/msg01056.html
>
> We need to move that fix to compatibility and have babel and ODT use it

AFAIK this is already fixed in Babel.

I added a compatibility function `org-delete-directory' adapted from
`tramp-compat-delete-directory' and org-odt.el uses it now.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-24 12:53                   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-24 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> BTW, I don't quite understand the logic of that function.  It seems that
>
> (face-background 'default nil 'default)
>
> would be all that is needed in GNU Emacs

Indeed.  Current master branch now uses this.

 Bastien

* Re: Emacs 22 compatibility
@ 2012-12-24 13:03                   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-24 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Here is another one that may need further work.

I applied this patch to maint.

If there are other important fixes for Emacs 22 compatibility,
please let us know as I plan to release 7.9.3 in 2012.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien