* #+header keywords for #+call keyword?
@ 2013-07-24 12:11 Dieter Wilhelm, H.
From: Dieter Wilhelm, H. @ 2013-07-24 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear (),

I've got a rather long argument list and it doesn't look good to
supply all the arguments in one line, could somebody please implement
#+header arguments for #+call like in the following example?

#+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
#+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
#+call: ProvideReport()[:results silent]

By the way, is it still true that the number of #+header keywords for
code blocks is restricted to 5 #+header lines?  I think this is also
an unnecessary restriction.

Thank you very much

  Dieter
--
Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm

Darmstadt
Germany

* Re: #+header keywords for #+call keyword?
@ 2013-07-24 20:27 ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2013-07-24 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dieter; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear Dieter Wilhelm,

I do not know a way to change the standard properties for a #+CALL
construct.
However, we recently discussed a problems with tables and source code calls.
Sebastien pointed to the following variables.

  org-babel-default-header-args
 ((:session . "none") (:results . "replace") (:exports . "code") (:cache .
"no") (:noweb . "no") (:hlines . "no") (:tangle . "no") (:padnewline .
"yes"))

 org-babel-default-lob-header-args     ((:exports .
"results"))

 org-babel-default-inline-header-args  ((:session . "none")(:results .
"replace")(:exports . "results"))

You might want to change org-babel-default-lob-header-args to your needs.
That could be done in a small eslip code block within an org-file and might
at least helps as a intermediate solution

All the best

Torsten

@ 2013-07-24 22:35 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-07-24 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dieter; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

"Dieter Wilhelm, H." <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Dear (),
>
> I've got a rather long argument list and it doesn't look good to
> supply all the arguments in one line, could somebody please implement
> #+header arguments for #+call like in the following example?
>
> #+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
> #+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
> #+call: ProvideReport()[:results silent]
>
> By the way, is it still true that the number of #+header keywords for
> code blocks is restricted to 5 #+header lines?  I think this is also
> an unnecessary restriction.
>
> Thank you very much

The #+call: line syntax is a shortened syntax for code blocks.  They
recently got #+names, hopefully soon they will get #+header arguments as
well.  In the interum, you can always use a code block

    #+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
    #+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
    #+call: ProvideReport()[:results silent]

can be replaced by

    #+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
    #+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
    #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var result=ProvideReport() :results silent
      result
    #+end_src

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: #+header keywords for #+call keyword?
@ 2013-07-25  6:31   ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2013-07-25  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> "Dieter Wilhelm, H." <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>
>> Dear (),
>>
>> I've got a rather long argument list and it doesn't look good to
>> supply all the arguments in one line, could somebody please implement
>> #+header arguments for #+call like in the following example?
>>
>> #+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
>> #+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
>> #+call: ProvideReport()[:results silent]
>>
>> By the way, is it still true that the number of #+header keywords for
>> code blocks is restricted to 5 #+header lines?  I think this is also
>> an unnecessary restriction.
>>
>> Thank you very much
>>

> The #+call: line syntax is a shortened syntax for code blocks.  They
> recently got #+names, hopefully soon they will get #+header arguments as
> well.  In the interum, you can always use a code block
>
>     #+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
>     #+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
>     #+call: ProvideReport()[:results silent]
>
> can be replaced by
>
>     #+header: :var NO=(org-entry-get nil "Report_Dir")
>     #+header: :var DIR=(org-attach-dir)
>     #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var result=ProvideReport() :results silent
>       result
>     #+end_src

I see, thank you, your suggestion is a already a good workaround for my
needs. :-)

Could you please also tell me whether you know of any restrictions
concerning the number of #+header lines before a code block?

--

@ 2013-07-25 13:37     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-07-25 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't believe there are any restrictions on the number of header lines
before a code block.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte