Bastien writes: > Hi Eric, > > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Sorry this took a while to get to... >> >> I think it was a little simpler than I thought -- at least I hope that's >> true, and I'm not missing something really obvious. There are two >> patches attached, a simple one that handles re-justification of table >> fields during field movement, and another that allows for narrowing of >> columns with double-width strings. The second patch is uglier, and >> doesn't work 100% well (you get misalignment if you try to narrow a >> double-wide to an odd number of single-width characters), but it's >> better than nothing. > > I want to apply the patches on master -- can you give them a commit > message with an Emacs changelog? Also, the first one (0001-...) does > not apply on master anymore. > > Thanks in advance! The patch series that would not die! I'm not a git wizard, but I think I was able to apply both these patches to master with no problem: they're now sitting on top of 56b47fb and nothing is going wrong (I think). Can you try again? Here they are with better commit messages. E