* How to export strings froom options to JS variables?
@ 2014-12-06  2:09 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-12-06  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have this near the beginning my Org file:

#+ATTR_COOL: How cool is that!

I want it to be exported to something like

<script>var how_cool = 'How cool is that!'

There is a problem, hovever, what happens if some clever kid exploited
it, putting things like apostrophes into the string:

#+ATTR_COOL: It's nice!

which gets exported to

<script>var how_cool = 'It's nice!</script>

and hilarity ensues.

So, my question is: how to solve this problem?
TIA

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: How to export strings froom options to JS variables?
@ 2014-12-06  8:07 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-12-06  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> I have this near the beginning my Org file:
>
> #+ATTR_COOL: How cool is that!
>
> I want it to be exported to something like
>
> <script>var how_cool = 'How cool is that!'
>
> There is a problem, hovever, what happens if some clever kid exploited
> it, putting things like apostrophes into the string:
>
> #+ATTR_COOL: It's nice!
>
> which gets exported to
>
> <script>var how_cool = 'It's nice!</script>
>
> and hilarity ensues.
>
> So, my question is: how to solve this problem?

Though I did not try, I think that a macro should make it.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to export strings froom options to JS variables?
@ 2014-12-06  9:50   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-12-06  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-12-06, at 09:07, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> I have this near the beginning my Org file:
>>
>> #+ATTR_COOL: How cool is that!
>>
>> I want it to be exported to something like
>>
>> <script>var how_cool = 'How cool is that!'
>>
>> There is a problem, hovever, what happens if some clever kid exploited
>> it, putting things like apostrophes into the string:
>>
>> #+ATTR_COOL: It's nice!
>>
>> which gets exported to
>>
>> <script>var how_cool = 'It's nice!</script>
>>
>> and hilarity ensues.
>>
>> So, my question is: how to solve this problem?
>
> Though I did not try, I think that a macro should make it.

Well, org-mode's HTML export already does something very similar.  I
just don't know what function does that.

> Best regards,
>   Seb

Best,