Hi Eric, Eric S Fraga writes: > On Thursday, 12 Feb 2015 at 16:19, Loris Bennett wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I want to export to LaTeX and refer to tables and code blocks as in the >> example below. However a name with a colon, such as 'tab:my_data' used >> as a variable for a source block fails: >> >> org-babel-ref-resolve: Reference 'my_data' not found in this buffer > > The problem is that you need to get rid of the empty lines between the > table information (name, caption) and the actual table: > >> My data can be found in Table [[tab:my_data]]. >> >> #+CAPTION: My data >> #+NAME: tab:my_data >> >> | a | b | >> |---+---| >> | 2 | 4 | >> | 3 | 9 | > > Delete the line after the #+name and it will work: if you look at the > LaTeX, you'll see a table environment around the tabular structure and > that's needed to get labels that you can referece. > > Not sure why the empty line matters, mind you... > > HTH, > eric In my ECM and in my original posting there are no empty lines between the table information and the actual table (see attached screenshot of my original ECM). However, I can see that in your quoted version above there is one.