* ox-texinfo: Provide an option to open the *.info file within Emacs
@ 2015-05-25  8:06 Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-05-25  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

ox-texinfo:  Provide an option to open the *.info file within Emacs

The following snippet (as suggested by M-x list-command-history),
would do the needful.

    (info "~/src/emacsprimer/emacsprimer.info" nil)

It would also be useful if I could compile *.info document using
texi2html and texi2pdf.

* Re: ox-texinfo: Provide an option to open the *.info file within Emacs
@ 2015-05-25 21:59 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-25 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vaidheeswaran C; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:

> ox-texinfo:  Provide an option to open the *.info file within Emacs
>
> The following snippet (as suggested by M-x list-command-history),
> would do the needful.
>
>     (info "~/src/emacsprimer/emacsprimer.info" nil)

Done. However, file is opened with `org-open-file' since the back-end
can output various formats. You can add

  ("info" . (info file))

to `org-file-apps' if you want to read info files with info.

> It would also be useful if I could compile *.info document using
> texi2html and texi2pdf.

See `org-texinfo-info-process'.

Nicolas Goaziou