Nicolas Goaziou writes: > > IIRC I fixed it already some time ago. Besides, I'm not able to > reproduce the problem. The problem I reported exists with current master, but maybe I did not describe it well enough. Let me try once more with a specific file which shows the problem. Open the attached file "table.org" in emacs. Then do M-x org-table-export you will then be prompted with "Export table to:" for a filename, where you wish to export to. Note that already at this point two stars appear in the emacs status line, which indicate that the buffer has been modified. This is a bug, as no real modification of the buffer has happened at this point. The attached patch solves the problem for me by only calling org-table-align if both org-table-automatic-realign and org-table-may-need-update. However, I am not completely sure if this is the correct solution though, I simply used the same idiom as is used in org-table-next-field and org-table-previous-field functions. Regards, Andreas