Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Jarmo Hurri writes: > >> Request: An SVG file embedded in exported HTML should be embedded using >> the tag instead of . > > Would you like to provide a patch to this effect? It probably boils down > to modifying `org-html--svg-image'. Yes indeed. Please find, at the end of this message, a patch and a test file. The test file assumes you have Asymptote installed, along with dvisvgm and probably also convert from ImageMagick; the last two are needed by Asymptote to produce SVG and JPG output. I have tested that - if the browser has SVG support (as almost all do) 1. the default behaviour works (embedding an SVG file) 2. the fallback works if the SVG file is missing (you can test this by first exporting the test file as HTML, and then removing the SVG file) - if the browser is missing SVG support (this test was done with the text-based browser 'links') - if no fallback is set, the browser will display the text "Sorry, your browser does not support SVG." as before (and as expected) Now the case I have _not_ been able to test is the one where the browser is missing SVG support, and the fallback is set. Unfortunately in this case the 'links' browser displays nothing in the place of the SVG image, and I don't know of another browser I could use to test the behaviour. The first line of the test file can be used to verify that the embedded SVG file now 'responds' to CSS settings. I also added the new CSS class to the manual. If this patch is ok, then what is missing are the default CSS settings for the new class org-svg in constant org-html-style-default. I simply did not know what to put there. The manual says that this constant has basic settings for _all_ defined CSS entities. Either defaults need to be set for the new class, or the text in the manual needs to be changed. Or we have to accept that the manual is not logically coherent. :-) Jarmo