I'm writing a document which currently has 408 pages and over a 1,000 footnotes, and with a size of 1.1 mbs. I'm exporting it to latex using 'org-latex-export-to-latex' and am now wondering is it possible to export it *and* omit the citations? The citations currently are showing in the org-mode source file as '(cite:xxxx)'. So to clarify - the org-mode document is exported to latex and then built into a pdf file in a separate process. The org-mode document has citations, showing in the org-mode document as '(cite:xxxx)', where the 'xxxx' is any one of four figures which don't have any impact on reality in org-mode, though org-ref allows them to be seen as a quasi-bibtex display in the mini-buffer. When the pdf file is built they are converted into authoryear citations, and its these citations that I'm looking to *not* display in the pdf file. I would like the citations to still show in the org-mode source document but not to show in the final built pdf file. The file, or program, that is building the pdf can be seen at [fn:1]. So how can I do it please? Thanks Sharon. [fn:1] 'pdfbuild' - from tex to PDF - version 2 = http://www.sharons.org.uk/pdfbuild2.html -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 9.3, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.3.2, org-mode 9.1.6-10-g0c9329-elpaplus