* upgrade from 8.2 to 9.2 breaks agenda timestamp font?
@ 2018-03-12 22:34 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2018-03-12 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org-Mode Help

Dear all,

I have upgraded after some time org-plus-contrib through elpa to version 20180312, and quite some things stopped working. Most of them I have found, and have been related to usage of sexp in capture template, but there's one I'm struggling to find.

My org-agenda now displays incorrectly the timestamps, which have only one bound. So if I make timestamp like:

Entered on <2018-03-12 Mon 23:21-23:59>

that timestamp is correctly displayed in the agenda, however when I make only this one:

Entered on <2018-03-12 Mon 23:21>

this one displays the starting time, followed by combination of useless letters, partly arabic, japanese and completely breaks the appearance of the agenda.

What did I forget to migrate when upgrading org-mode? I don't find anything related to such behaviour in the changelog.

many thanks

.d.

* Re: upgrade from 8.2 to 9.2 breaks agenda timestamp font?
@ 2018-03-13  1:58 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2018-03-13  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I have upgraded after some time org-plus-contrib through elpa to
> version 20180312, and quite some things stopped working. Most of them
> I have found, and have been related to usage of sexp in capture
> template, but there's one I'm struggling to find.
>
> My org-agenda now displays incorrectly the timestamps, which have only one bound. So if I make timestamp like:
>
> Entered on <2018-03-12 Mon 23:21-23:59>

I don't think this format is legal for a timestamp.

> that timestamp is correctly displayed in the agenda, however when I make only this one:
>
> Entered on <2018-03-12 Mon 23:21>
>
> this one displays the starting time, followed by combination of useless letters, partly arabic, japanese and completely breaks the appearance of the agenda.
>
> What did I forget to migrate when upgrading org-mode? I don't find anything related to such behaviour in the changelog.

What happens if you start with 'emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/init.el' (i.e. bypassing most of your init file)?

--
Nick

* Re: upgrade from 8.2 to 9.2 breaks agenda timestamp font?
@ 2018-03-13  2:39   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2018-03-13  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

locale?

* Re: upgrade from 8.2 to 9.2 breaks agenda timestamp font?
@ 2018-03-13  8:32     ` David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2018-03-13  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales, Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

hello both,

yesterday evening i found by chance what it was. Problem of changed definition of org-agenda-time-grid? Following definition is valid for org8, but not org9:

(setq org-agenda-time-grid '((daily require-timed)
                             "--------------------"
                             (800  900
				   1000
				   1100
				   1200
				   1300
				   1400
				   1500
				   1600
				   1700
				   1800
				   1900
				   2000
				   2100
				   2200)))

I have removed that (anyways, not too often used), and the problem disappeared.

thanks
.d.

@ 2018-03-13  8:45       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-03-13  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Belohrad; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch> writes:

> yesterday evening i found by chance what it was. Problem of changed definition of org-agenda-time-grid? Following definition is valid for org8, but not org9:
>
> (setq org-agenda-time-grid '((daily require-timed)
>                              "--------------------"
>                              (800  900
> 				   1000
> 				   1100
> 				   1200
> 				   1300
> 				   1400
> 				   1500
> 				   1600
> 				   1700
> 				   1800
> 				   1900
> 				   2000
> 				   2100
> 				   2200)))
>
> I have removed that (anyways, not too often used), and the problem
> disappeared.

I suggest to read the "Incompatible changes" section for both Org 9.0
and Org 9.1 in ORG-NEWS.

Nicolas Goaziou