* Question mark not supported in structured templates?
@ 2019-10-29  7:57 Vladimir Nikishkin
From: Vladimir Nikishkin @ 2019-10-29  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, everyone.

I recently updated to org 9.2 from org-melpa, and I have the following issue:

I use org with org-babel to write a book with many examples and illustrations.

I use ob-plantuml and ob-scheme in particular.
The problem is that for ob-plantuml I need the value of point be right
after the :file header parameter, because plantuml always requires a
file name.

For scheme, however, there is no need to write a file name, there are no files.

Is there no way to specify where to put the point in the new version of org?

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin

* Re: Question mark not supported in structured templates?
@ 2019-10-29  8:23 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-10-29  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Nikishkin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 29 Oct 2019 at 15:57, Vladimir Nikishkin wrote:
> The problem is that for ob-plantuml I need the value of point be right
> after the :file header parameter, because plantuml always requires a
> file name.

I don't see this in my configuration.  But it could be that I do not
understand what you are saying.  Maybe explain a bit further and/or give
a small example?

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-552-g8c5a78

* Re: Question mark not supported in structured templates?
@ 2019-10-29  8:59   ` Vladimir Nikishkin
From: Vladimir Nikishkin @ 2019-10-29  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

In the version 8 of org-mode you could indicate where to put the point
after the template is expanded. In the template
(list "p" "#begin_src plantuml :file ? :export both \n#end_src"),
after the template is expanded, the point would be located after
:file, whereas in the template (list "SO" "#begin_src scheme :export
both \n?\n#end_src") the point would be located on the frist line
after the header.

At the moment, `org-insert-structure-template' just inserts the
question mark verbatim. I would consider this a regression, but maybe
there is some replacement mechanism?

@ 2019-10-29 16:42     ` Berry, Charles
From: Berry, Charles @ 2019-10-29 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Nikishkin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

`org-tempo' is the replacement. It is mentioned in the docstring for `org-structure-template-alist'.

Here is what I have in my `emacs-init.org' file:

(The letter `p' denotes where point should land. `n' is a newline. See the docstring for `tempo-define-template' for more details.)

#+begin_src emacs-lisp

  (require 'org-tempo)

  (tempo-define-template "org-src_R"
			 '("#+begin_src R" p  n
			   n "#+end_src" )
			 "<R" "Insert R block" 'org-tempo-tags)

  (tempo-define-template "org-src-named-R"
			 '("#+name: " p  n
			   "#+begin_src R"   n
			  n "#+end_src" )
			 "<r" "Insert Named R block" 'org-tempo-tags)

  (tempo-define-template "org-eqnarray"
			 '("\\begin{eqnarray} " '> n p
			  n "\\end{eqnarray}" >)
			 "<Y" "Insert LaTeX eqnarray" 'org-tempo-tags)

  (tempo-define-template "org-equation"
			 '("\\begin{equation} " '> n p
			  n "\\end{equation}" >)
			 "<Q" "Insert LaTeX equation" 'org-tempo-tags)

  (tempo-define-template "org-displaymath"
			 '("# begin math" n
			   "\\["  p n
			   "\\]" n
			   "# end math" n)
			 "<m" "Insert \\[ \\]" 'org-tempo-tags)

#+end_src

HTH,

Chuck

@ 2019-10-30  2:23       ` Vladimir Nikishkin
From: Vladimir Nikishkin @ 2019-10-30  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berry, Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

What is the canonical difference between org-insert-structure-template
and org-tempo then?

I think, emacs skeleton libraries (M-x info-display-manual RET
autotype RET) support placing the point (with a "_" marker)