I'm not sure how this feature is called, but in Org you can restrict a line to a given exporter by prepending it with, eg, #+latex: There's a bug with some exporters f treat these lines as paragraph breaks, some don't. For example, the following input: Hello #+latex: \TeX{} World #+html: Wide Web ! Is exported to LaTeX as a single line, "Hello TeX World !", but to HTML as separate paragraphs:

Hello

World

Wide Web

!

I wouldn't except these lines to introduce any paragraphs break. This is with Emacs built from Git, using Org 9.2.6. Best regards, Thibault