* Regarding collapsing blank lines between headlines
@ 2020-02-19  9:38 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2020-02-19  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I prefer to keep at least one empty line between my Org headers.

I find myself frequently clearing or collapsing multiple empty lines after the
content of a block before the next headline.

Did I miss a variable to customize collapsing blank space? Perhaps I can just
add a hook to when I mark a TODO to DONE to remove extra whitespace at the end
of the block.

I already use org-blank-before-new-entry to try and keep proper spacing.

For example:

* Item 1

Block of text for item 1

* Item 2

Block of text for item 2

           ;; excess empty lines that should be removed

* Item 3

Block of text for item 3

* Re: Regarding collapsing blank lines between headlines
@ 2020-02-20  4:29 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2020-02-20  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Russell,

This is not exactly what you asked for, but here's some code that
ensures blank lines exist between headings and entry content.  You could
modify it to remove excess lines without too much trouble.

https://github.com/alphapapa/unpackaged.el#ensure-blank-lines-between-headings-and-before-contents

* Re: Regarding collapsing blank lines between headlines
@ 2020-02-20  4:52   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-02-20  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

interesting.  i have often wanted blank lines between header and entry
content, but only if there is meta stuff there like drawers.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

What is misopathy?
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

* Re: Regarding collapsing blank lines between headlines
@ 2020-02-20  7:13   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-20  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Adam,

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> This is not exactly what you asked for, but here's some code that
> ensures blank lines exist between headings and entry content.  You could
> modify it to remove excess lines without too much trouble.
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/unpackaged.el#ensure-blank-lines-between-headings-and-before-contents

FWIW, I have added this to worg/org-hacks.org:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html

Best,

--
 Bastien