* [bug?] should ltxpng be ltximg in ox-html?
@ 2020-06-22 16:06 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-06-22 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

line 1696 of ox-html.el (up to date version on git) is:

   :alt (if (string-match-p "^ltxpng/" source)

I wonder whether "^ltxpng" should actually be "^ltximg"?

Better yet, should it not be built from the value of
org-preview-latex-image-directory, defined as a custom variable and used
in one place in ox-html?  Or have I confused two different aspects of
LaTeX images?  I'm asking because the hardcoded pattern doesn't pick up
the alt= text for accessibility in HTML export of LaTeX fragments.

The same applies to ox-odt, by the way.

Thank you.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.7-645-g945f49

* Re: [bug?] should ltxpng be ltximg in ox-html?
@ 2020-09-05  8:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-05  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Eric,

> line 1696 of ox-html.el (up to date version on git) is:
>
>    :alt (if (string-match-p "^ltxpng/" source)
>
> I wonder whether "^ltxpng" should actually be "^ltximg"?
>
> Better yet, should it not be built from the value of
> org-preview-latex-image-directory, defined as a custom variable and used
> in one place in ox-html?  Or have I confused two different aspects of
> LaTeX images?  I'm asking because the hardcoded pattern doesn't pick up
> the alt= text for accessibility in HTML export of LaTeX fragments.

I think using `org-preview-latex-image-directory' is the way to go.

I did this in 9ad3606bf in the master branch.

If you have a chance to test and confirm the fix, that'd help.

 Bastien